Happy birthday 🎉🥳 welcome to old age!🙃Treating myself well aromatically today as it's my 57th birthday. A nice swipe of rich old Indian sandalwood resinoid I extracted on the back of my wrists, a rosey patchouli oakmoss oud amber mix of my own making on the other side. smelling good!
Wishing you a very happy birthday 🎈🎉!Treating myself well aromatically today as it's my 57th birthday. A nice swipe of rich old Indian sandalwood resinoid I extracted on the back of my wrists, a rosey patchouli oakmoss oud amber mix of my own making on the other side. smelling good!
🥳 Happy Birthday 🥳Treating myself well aromatically today as it's my 57th birthday. A nice swipe of rich old Indian sandalwood resinoid I extracted on the back of my wrists, a rosey patchouli oakmoss oud amber mix of my own making on the other side. smelling good!
thank you, all 🙂🥳 Happy Birthday 🥳
Happy birthdaythank you, all 🙂
Happy Birthday brother, and many more with health, wealth and happiness among loved ones.Treating myself well aromatically today as it's my 57th birthday. A nice swipe of rich old Indian sandalwood resinoid I extracted on the back of my wrists, a rosey patchouli oakmoss oud amber mix of my own making on the other side. smelling good!
Still a youngster sure you are.....enjoy your youth....😇Treating myself well aromatically today as it's my 57th birthday. A nice swipe of rich old Indian sandalwood resinoid I extracted on the back of my wrists, a rosey patchouli oakmoss oud amber mix of my own making on the other side. smelling good!
thank you 🙂Happy Birthday brother, and many more with health, wealth and happiness among loved ones.
Good advice 🙂Still a youngster sure you are.....enjoy your youth....😇
Spikenard is truly one of my favorite notes. It has a strange sort of dissonant smell that cuts away from florals but is herbal and austere. Some of my favorites among oils - Dhul Qurnain 2 by scent talks, spikenard and oud orchestra by L&V and the RP Bhutanese blue spikenard. It is also a common presence in Tibetan highland incense sticks which is where I first found a love for the note.Just swiped a bit of this unusual spikenard resinoid. I extracted this about a year ago from some roots that I purchased from Yamada Matsu in 2001.
I say unusual because unlike most spikenardit's quite thick and sticky and after swiping a lightly sticky resin is left behind; it is a perfect fixative type material with a deep musky and earthy / salty aroma that brings a few of the Shoyeido chipped mixtures to mind - one in particular was really loaded with spikenard.
I definitely consider this extraction a success and feel it was a good use of the materials.
View attachment 54719
Happy belated birthday!Treating myself well aromatically today as it's my 57th birthday. A nice swipe of rich old Indian sandalwood resinoid I extracted on the back of my wrists, a rosey patchouli oakmoss oud amber mix of my own making on the other side. smelling good!
Happy b-day! And congrats! Did you give yourself anything good?Treating myself well aromatically today as it's my 57th birthday. A nice swipe of rich old Indian sandalwood resinoid I extracted on the back of my wrists, a rosey patchouli oakmoss oud amber mix of my own making on the other side. smelling good!
I too really like green spikenard; it has this temple, earthiness quality to it. It’s definiately not pretty, so it’s not for everyone. It’s not a crowd pleaser, so I’m also respectful of those that wear it. You should pick some up at Eden Boctanicals and wear it diluted. 35% should be enough. But hey, if you like it with oud, and it seems you do, then stick with those. I prefer it mixed with other notes that accentuate its nuances: earth, Rooty, wet wood, temple, and have you tried valerian root tincture? I used to use it for my insomnia. It didn’t do much for my insomnia, but I did dig the taste of it.Spikenard is truly one of my favorite notes. It has a strange sort of dissonant smell that cuts away from florals but is herbal and austere. Some of my favorites among oils - Dhul Qurnain 2 by scent talks, spikenard and oud orchestra by L&V and the RP Bhutanese blue spikenard. It is also a common presence in Tibetan highland incense sticks which is where I first found a love for the note.
Happy b-day! And congrats! Did you give yourself anything good?
I too really like green spikenard; it has this temple, earthiness quality to it. It’s definiately not pretty, so it’s not for everyone. It’s not a crowd pleaser, so I’m also respectful of those that wear it. You should pick some up at Eden Boctanicals and wear it diluted. 35% should be enough. But hey, if you like it with oud, and it seems you do, then stick with those. I prefer it mixed with other notes that accentuate its nuances: earth, Rooty, wet wood, temple, and have you tried valerian root tincture? I used to use it for my insomnia. It didn’t do much for my insomnia, but I did dig the taste of it.
☺️Good advice 🙂
Happy b-day! And congrats! Did you give yourself anything good?
Well that sounds great to me! B enter than a. Bottle of cologne!I had a nice visit with my daughter, took my father out for lunch. That's about the extent of it!
Absolutely none. That’s why I use it so much. We are so enamored by it!A splash of triple distilled wild Rosa multiflora spirits, a low temperature distillation over alcohol I made two summers ago. Basically it's like a somewhat concentrated rosewater but in an alcohol base instead of water. Definitely has mellowed and improved with time, it amuses me that I'm able to wear this. Worth the effort in retrospect, even though it's no substitute for a good rose oil.