Yusa - Dongguan LTD. Getting a grip of this sinensis thing. Before diving into the Jiku, decided to try this aged guangdong masterpiece. Immediately you can tell it’s high quality but not going to have fans among berry or barn lovers. Delicate like the gentle perfume on fingertips and face after getting through cut fresh fruits - pear, melon, cantaloupe, maybe some blueberries. Dries down to beautiful honey hay.
 
Wild Thai - FP. I've been sitting on this one for a good while now. Maybe a year? Close to anyway. It was a fresh distill when I received it but already I knew this was nothing like any other kind of Thai that I had tried. The sweetness is there but not in a cloying sense or even over ripe fruits. It had a bit of a twang in the top which I attributed to the freshness but other than that it was already close to perfection. I couldn't smash it as it was though. This was an opportunity to listen to how an oil can age and develop. Man, am I glad I did! I grabbed the bottle last night on a whim and applied a dot. Reasonably thick and sticky, it has a perfect balance of camphor and diesel. Gone is the twang, instead replaced by sweet summer fruits. Apricots, peaches and watermelon. Congrats to anyone who bought a bottle of this. It's a keeper.
 
Back
Top