Musk Rahil

True Ouddict
Ajmal Amiri. This is a Complex and longlasting Oud oil which comes from the wildest northeast areas in India, from the Assam region. It is extremely leathery, pungent, heavy, musky and challenging. The opening phase lasts for a pretty long time. One swipe to your wrists can fill a room, you have to be careful because it is extremely concentrated and this is the reason why transitions come in so slowly. After six or eight hours you will realize that a beautiful sweetness, soft, almost earthy incense comes out of it. This is the opposite of what you felt at the beginning, and that transfomation is where the beauty of this Oud oil lies.
Just now i was thinking about to try amiri before buying may be may be saif al hind
Now ill give a try amiri first

Sproaty

Sproudy
Staff member
Habz' Qazah, a lovely Cambodi. Zero funk to my nose. I swiped it while driving home (yes, while driving...!)
I also put it on last night while at a wedding, and let a friend with 0 interest in fragrances sniff it. He didn't mind it, but said it smelled like alcohol. I can kinda see what he means - maybe smells a bit like rum or brandy.
I've had someone say similar stuff regarding oud. He seemed shocked when I said that some oil smell like cow shit. "YOU PAY FOR THAT?!" 😅

Simla House

True Ouddict
After a long absence from Hindi oils: Oud Hud from EO by way of Karbi Anglong. Today is chilly enough that it warrants a comforting oil such as this. I'm down to my last .2gs of this one. Oxygen and time have mellowed it out quite a bit, but it is still fantastically good. Anyone have any recent Hindi purchases they're in love with?

Sproaty

Sproudy
Staff member
New Global Asia by Feel Oud. A triple co-distill of Phillipines, Sri Lankan & Cambodi.
Smelling off the dipstick...this is strange. Super high pitched, alcohol-type smell, turpentine-esque. Not appealing at all.

On skin it's much nicer after a few minutes. Feels dark and gloomy - I can't pick out facets of each area really, it's a real odd one.
I put it on an hour or so ago but didn't pay much attention to its progression.