Mike Jonez
True Ouddict
Lucky you bro ! Which ones you have exactly ?I have enough to have dedicated an entire tray to them 😂
Lucky you bro ! Which ones you have exactly ?I have enough to have dedicated an entire tray to them 😂
Uhh...you had me at civet 🤤Civet, Musk, Ambery, Oud, Sandal, Rose
View attachment 31145
Dear Sproaty, your journey from stash to tray😍! I love your achieving this milestone.an entire tray
Respected Mike, please. This 'ugh' is contagious.Ugh...you had me at civet 🤤
I'm very curious and eager to hear more about it from you, bro.
It's funny because I have wild Kyara that are named pieces, and very high quality (like Snow White Beach, which does have a mild creamy scent at room temp, but is extremely sensitive on the heater, so cant wait to try it on my newest and better one when I am finished with this Plum Blossoms in The Wind and wrap that up in paper) Kyara's have less room temp scent than my black CK I got back in November lol, but smell way nicer. I was finding it hard to believe @language scent at first when he said that wild-kyara doesn't need to have super room temp aroma to be amazing, and some of his best pieces are very quiet at room temp to almost no fragrance at room temp... now that I have 3 named pieces I know what he means... strange how decent/good CK smells more at room temp than some top level Wild Kinam.A very noble, elegant scent, opens with orchid and gourmand sweetness on low temperature that can endure for a long time. On higher temperatures, or later in the session, it transforms from orchids to lotus, adding a green herbacious profile as the raw oud profile ramps up. Punches out vapor for hours more than almost any other wood I have, and sings at room temperature.
I would guess there's something age related there too. This CK used to smell extremely strong at room temperature (not the same scent as heating, more that CK smell if you're familiar), now after a year it's already more mild and balanced. The named kyara, on the other hand, has been kept for quite some time, allowing the room temp volatile compounds to sublimate out the wood.It's funny because I have wild Kyara that are named pieces, and very high quality (like Snow White Beach, which does have a mild creamy scent at room temp, but is extremely sensitive on the heater, so cant wait to try it on my newest and better one when I am finished with this Plum Blossoms in The Wind and wrap that up in paper) Kyara's have less room temp scent than my black CK I got back in November lol, but smell way nicer. I was finding it hard to believe @language scent at first when he said that wild-kyara doesn't need to have super room temp aroma to be amazing, and some of his best pieces are very quiet at room temp to almost no fragrance at room temp... now that I have 3 named pieces I know what he means... strange how decent/good CK smells more at room temp than some top level Wild Kinam.
I'm sure I'll share more publically soon. But if you want to chat about it just send me a DM, as you have a special understanding of this piece.I'm very curious and eager to hear more about it from you, bro.
it is just all about the compounds and how heat sensitive they are. i realized that the kyara forms a layer that acts as a protective shell so when you shave it it will smell at room temp again. all of them smell, some more some less but then again light heat does show the top notes still. i see that it is mostly the black and purple kyaras that are the more delicate aroma ones at room temp and the yellow/green ones are more loud. not always the case. for sure bad storage can effect kakuwari and thin cut pieces but even those if the out layer shaved off it will start smelling againI would guess there's something age related there too. This CK used to smell extremely strong at room temperature (not the same scent as heating, more that CK smell if you're familiar), now after a year it's already more mild and balanced. The named kyara, on the other hand, has been kept for quite some time, allowing the room temp volatile compounds to sublimate out the wood.
Then again, I have very vintage woods that still smell strong after hundreds of years of subpar storage, so I really can't say why.
I've never smelled that "new kyara / CK" smell in the old woods, as those sharp, sour and floral compounds are generally the most volatile. More mellow sweetness and resinous notes, to put it simply.
My bad bro I meant to write "uhh" , as you can see I also included the drooling emoji. I absolutely love civet & animalics in general that comment was in every way positive.Respected Mike, please. This 'ugh' is contagious.
Anyway, this 'ugh' is an accurate expression to describe civet, but this same 'ugh' turns to 'wow' if it is used creatively.
Lucky you bro ! Which ones you have exactly ?
Everyone speaks so highly of FHI, hopefully I get to try it one dayCeylon Royale (perhaps my favourite oil ever)
Nha Trang LTD
Hainan Ultima
Fragrant Harbour Imperial
Cambodi Vintage 2002
Viet Zephyr
Tinsukia
Yunnan Vintage 2005
Aceh
attars: Musk Nor, Al Maghrib
and tons of samples still - some going back to 2018!!
Sheeeesh what a lineup ! I been tryna get my hands on some FHI if you ever end up selling some lmk !Ceylon Royale (perhaps my favourite oil ever)
Nha Trang LTD
Hainan Ultima
Fragrant Harbour Imperial
Cambodi Vintage 2002
Viet Zephyr
Tinsukia
Yunnan Vintage 2005
Aceh
attars: Musk Nor, Al Maghrib
and tons of samples still - some going back to 2018!!
Wow😍 How’s it smelling?Alhamdulillah
Received new lot of my distilling material,these are Tarakan woods which i will distill soon inshaAllah
İ didnt check yet but many many sinking pieces in
View attachment 38183
View attachment 38181
View attachment 38180
View attachment 38179
Couldnt burn bro,as this was the first bag i opened,have about 14-15 kg more woods waiting for checking,from different regionsWow😍 How’s it smelling?
Busy day! Don’t let me distract you haha, would love to see any pictures of those specimensCouldnt burn bro,as this was the first bag i opened,have about 14-15 kg more woods waiting for checking,from different regions
yeaa, I only glanced at the vial and saw 'nha' 😉Perhaps you meant Nha Trang Ultima, instead of Nha Trang LTD, Sproaty ?