@Faizal_p "Musc et Vanille" is my perfume of the moment. Smelling on a blotter at the moment I get some lively sparkling top notes and a truly musky heart. Something special in this, and it is bringing the old Ajmal AA musk gazelle to mind at the moment with various rich sweet and very present muskiness. Very nice aroma for this one, feels like a carefully orchestrated scent, rich and luxurious! this might be pretty much the most spot on musk perfume I have smelled. I would archive a bottle of this if I could afford it. Top notch!
 
Last edited:
Jahanara from @Oudique is one i am smelling now along with Bahar. Jahanara to me is a multilayered floral scent which brings tuberose to mind - a strong lush white flower bouquet with an animalic counterpoint of some kind - some oud in there but i can't sort out the other ingredients. Overall very feminine leaning. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a bit of civet in the mix. Anyway, every time I share notes on a perfume I feel inadequate and compelled to say that I really don't feel like I'm able to do them justice... I just don't have the knowledge base like I have with the individual materials, and I don't wear perfume extensively so I can't really talk about the experience of wearing the fragrances as a personal fragrance. I have some sprayed on blotter paper so it will be interesting to see how it fades / changes over the next couple of days.

I am also smelling Bahar (from Oudique as well). This one is quite different, to me very citrusy at first and kind of juicy/ tart / tangy, tangerine perhaps or mandarin, then pretty dramatically shifting to a kind of fresh clean laundry aquatic airy type scent. Clean freshly-washed linens come to mind for some reason. Also have this on a blotter, and I am looking forward to seeing how
 
Last edited:
Today, these two fragrances are still showing a similar character on the blotter - tuberose and musky notes for the Jahanara and clean linens for the Bahar!
 
today i am smelling Qaswara from @An Najwa - one of a handful of perfume and attar samples i recently received that i am working my way through. for whatever reason I find studying these mixtures to be very challenging! This one is extremely oudy, generously loaded with what smells like a fermented crassna. Something has been added that is creating a very boosted tartness, I have no idea what it is because the oud is dominating, but it definitely does not come across as just oud - I also get a hint of hidden spices just at the level of perception - a touch of clove, an even smaller trace of something like cardamom; there is something sweet and fuzzy and warm lying below the tart fermented oud opening. The spicy and sweet fuzz become
more noticeable as the oud settles down. I have a dab of this on a blotter - it will be interesting to see how it unfolds over time!

(returning to this a bit later i get a strengthened presence of clove and cardamom sitting in a familiar mellow oud / musk type accord)
 
Last edited:
I also revisited the blotter with the Musc et Vanille from @Faizal_p - still coming across as a real musk-forward musk with an accord along the lines of the style Ajmal used in their old AA musk gazelle. Very rich, sweet, and musk dominated. That Ajmal is a nice attar in my opinion, in spite of having a reputation for being so ridiculously potent; this fragrance is very much true to the spirit of that but in a spray form, kind of a luxury small batch version somewhat less concentrated in order to be sprayable. I'm not saying you would mix up one for the other, just that it's a very similar style of perfumery. Very interesting to encounter this after so many years of not smelling its like... I don't know if it's the type of musk or the balance of balsamic and floral parts... a mystery!
 
sniffed the blotter with the dry down from @An Najwa 's Al Gharoob - it left a particularly appealing rich agarwood aroma. yum
 
i swiped a blotter with some of the Spikenard Oud Orchestra from @Joe - a very interesting multilayered scent that forms an appealing accord and also has individual facets that speak out - bright citrusy floral notes in the top, the musky sweetness of spikenard seems to have a nice effect - tying the bright top notes and deeper base elements together. Nice one!
 
Queen Of Sheeba TRNP on top of some more Hindi. I have been craving this past few days at home, with my spray at work. It quickly shot to the top of my list recently after spending some time alternating wearing her NSDevotion and GOPleasures. Actually my sweater still has some of them on it and they all seem to merge very well together especially with this rich hindi from Z. Gafur tying it all together.
 
TRNP Night Song Devotion today and wow, the first words out of my mouth after applying were “holy shit yes”. I enjoyed the “NS Vintage” but found it just a tad over the line for my personal taste in the areas of noxious, powdery headiness. This though, has been spiced up by a heavy dose of oud, balancing out the sweet powdery florals. Just wow, I am so happy with the 5ml decant I snagged. I wore some prachin as well and went for a walk through the park, just serene, meditative experience.
Absolutely lovely ❤️ So glad you like it.
 
Seeking Balance - St. Clair Scents

Top Notes: Bergamot, Mandarin Green, Lemon, Galbanum CO2

Middle Notes: Lavender absolute and maillette, Rose Bulgaria, Geranium, Jasmin, Cassie Abs, Orris Butter

Base Notes: Patchouli, Oakmoss, Labdanum, Vetiver, Vanilla, Carrot Seed, Sandalwood India, Tonka Bean, Musks

This is a reworking/re-issue of a fragrance Diane made during the pandemic. It arrived yesterday and it is so soapy, it's overwhelming. I can't figure out why. I've smelled each of these ingredients in her earlier perfumes. Can anyone hazard a guess? Is there any chance the soapiness would die down over time? She just made and bottled this over the past couple of months.
 
Seeking Balance - St. Clair Scents

Top Notes: Bergamot, Mandarin Green, Lemon, Galbanum CO2

Middle Notes: Lavender absolute and maillette, Rose Bulgaria, Geranium, Jasmin, Cassie Abs, Orris Butter

Base Notes: Patchouli, Oakmoss, Labdanum, Vetiver, Vanilla, Carrot Seed, Sandalwood India, Tonka Bean, Musks

This is a reworking/re-issue of a fragrance Diane made during the pandemic. It arrived yesterday and it is so soapy, it's overwhelming. I can't figure out why. I've smelled each of these ingredients in her earlier perfumes. Can anyone hazard a guess? Is there any chance the soapiness would die down over time? She just made and bottled this over the past couple of months.
musks can be soapy - i find L-muscone to be very soapy if not very dilute.
 
Many layers today, including yesterday’s combo of ZGafur Hindi and a spritz of TRNP QOS in addition i swiped a small Safinty Fermented Trat and sprayed a lil ALD OL2. Getting lil wiffs of each here and there, and it is a tasty lil cocktail of some of my favs right now all working together pretty harmoniously.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Perfume of the Day
    IMG_8358.webp
    194.1 KB · Views: 34
  • [Ouddict.com] Perfume of the Day
    IMG_8356.webp
    133.1 KB · Views: 23
  • [Ouddict.com] Perfume of the Day
    IMG_8355.webp
    139.4 KB · Views: 23
  • [Ouddict.com] Perfume of the Day
    IMG_8358.webp
    194.1 KB · Views: 22
  • [Ouddict.com] Perfume of the Day
    IMG_8355.webp
    139.4 KB · Views: 21
  • [Ouddict.com] Perfume of the Day
    IMG_8354.webp
    141.1 KB · Views: 31
@An Najwa "Fougere of the Valley" is an extremely appealing rosey sparkling perfume with a beautiful balanced floral opening. Not sure what is in it but it smells good for sure. Some sweet geranium like notes seem to carry through to the base. there is a muskiness as well. The overall impression is lively and sparkling with space and transparency to smell the various facets.
 
Last edited:
I also sprayed a blotter with "Rose Noir" from @Oudique , which opens up with a complex green and slightly bitter green bouquet featuring an aroma that brings galbanum to mind along with rose, and transforms to a rounded soft sweet herbal-floral citrusy rose accord that is very much a unique abstract fragrance of its own as opposed to a slightly modified familiar scent. The balance of the notes or some of the ingredients themselves are unfamiliar to me so I'm having trouble piecing out what this may be composed from. I need to go check the notes. Smells thoughtfully and skillfully blended, quite an interesting aroma - overall impression is heavy and syrupy and thick and soft and rounded and sweet.
 
oops
 
Another combo today around ALD - Oud Luwak 2, this time along with Al Shareef - Muschouli and Gafur - Hindi Classic. This is the perfect complimentary combo to OL2. So deep and crisp, dark and creamy yet bright at times. Sun is out but the air is cool and crisp which is the perfect setting. Also I like using attars in place if / as opposed to deodorants and the muschouli is such a nice choice to mingle with armpit pheromones if i do say so.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Perfume of the Day
    IMG_5116.webp
    73.1 KB · Views: 23
Back
Top