I smelled a sample of a Ghaliya from @Oudique yesterday that was really beautiful. The impression was of a beautiful saffron rich creamy woodiness backed by the typical ghaliya musk /oud / ambergris accord. This luxurious full mid register presence really stood out and elevated this fragrance. Just a first impression but this is clearly a beauty!
 
Nha trang kinam kodo came in with a horde of samples. Loving it 🥰
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Perfume of the Day
    IMG_7860.webp
    147.6 KB · Views: 49
  • [Ouddict.com] Perfume of the Day
    IMG_7859.webp
    101.5 KB · Views: 42
Artaban-Astier de Villatte.
Consist mainly from 24 natural ingredients.
Aim of perfume is to recreated perfume from roman times. Its smells like artisinal herbal cola due to the cinamon, there is also prominent jatamansi, which makes it slightly powdery. Its like proto-barber scent from old roman times. Nice unoffensive ride for bed relax time.
 
All day today, Elixer de Parfum of Dior’s Bois d’Argent. I sprayed it in the morning on the back of my hands and shirt and eventually at the end of the day i had to change my shirt and wash my hands i got so tired of it! Now I’m wearing ASO’s Rakheem,. Someone on the boards asked me about it like last week, and I had forgotten all about it until this weekend when i dug it out of my baggie filled with goodies.
 
scent_talks - Magnifico

This is like a spritz in spray form. It opens with crisp apple, juicy charred bergamot, citrusy 🍋‍🟩 geranium and lemon. As the perfume develops, notes of brown vetiver instill bitterness. Whilst the patchouli adds a sweetness to the composition. The perfume is grounded by amber, oud, and a delicate touch of musk. The first time I tried I was on the fence. I had liked it but not loved it. Now I love it. It’s perfect for the Summer time. And it’s hot here in Jeddah. So it’s quaint. Very lovely.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Perfume of the Day
    IMG_2447.webp
    58.1 KB · Views: 26
scent_talks - Force Majeure

You’ll have to forgive the basic-looking bottle I had to switch vessels because the one it came in had the sprayer tied too tight. I had the gear because I’ve stocked up on so much DIY stuff related to perfumery.

On to the perfume. It’s a dark black/green liquid with a green tinge. I’m getting notes of cardamom, cloves, oakmoss and cinnamon. But it has bergamot 🍋 , parsley 🌿, Paolo santo, Oud, orange blossom 🌸, pineapple 🍍 and pear 🍐. The first time I tried this I preferred it over Magnifico. Now, I prefer Magnifico over this. Something tells me I’m going to shift views often wearing these. The green Hojari and vetiver give it a nice bitter-sweet finish.

Force Majeure is more suited for winter ❄️. Although I’m enjoying the deep, dark, burnt sugary, sweet scent of this.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Perfume of the Day
    IMG_1565.webp
    45.3 KB · Views: 20
scent_talks - Force Majeure

You’ll have to forgive the basic-looking bottle I had to switch vessels because the one it came in had the sprayer tied too tight.

On to the perfume. It’s a dark black/green liquid with a green tinge. I’m getting notes of cardamom, cloves, oakmoss and cinnamon. But it has bergamot 🍋 , parsley 🌿, Paolo santo, Oud, orange blossom 🌸, pineapple 🍍 and pear 🍐. The first time I tried this I preferred it over Magnifico. Now, I prefer Magnifico over this. Something tells me I’m going to shift views often wearing these. The green Hojari and vetiver give it a nice bitter-sweet finish.

Force Majeure is more suited for winter ❄️. Although I’m enjoying the deep, dark, burnt sugary, sweet scent of this.
Are they all natural, @mobyus ?
 
‘cause they’re in my price range. Can you recommend on according to my taste: floral and resins or florals and woody? I’ll verify with the perfumer that the selection is all natural.
These 2 are the only sprays I got from scent_talks and Magnifico is on the fresh citrus 🍋‍🟩 side. Whilst, Force Majeure is on the citrus, dark, sweet, floral, smoky side.

If I were to recommend you something it would be any of his attars. They are all good you can’t go wrong. I’ll DM you some of the attars and their ingredients.
 
I officiated my first wedding today as an ordained minister and chose several layers throughout the long, warm (hot at some point) day. Started with a Kashmiri Saffron attar (Tarifé Attar) added some Prachin (Safinity) oud to it later, then a few sprays of Méjana’s Zaref Atool (saffron, lavender, vanilla, oud), and just before the ceremony decided to add spray of ALD’s Paradise Soil which I really enjoyed as the saffron thread ran through it all. More oud later in the day before the reception! I was blissed out the whole day!
 
AlShareef Oudh - Qubrus

A fresh oak mossy and woody chypre. Feels like a classical fragrance. Strong grassy and earthy notes. The rose, vetiver, and oud really shine but in a bitter fashion. Always a pleasure wearing this. The frankincense is really lovely too.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Perfume of the Day
    IMG_2460.webp
    78.9 KB · Views: 17
I received a sample of a perfume called Irian Jaya from @Oudique - I am examining a spritz at the moment, this is a first impression. I don't wear a whole lot of perfume so generally it's hard for me to do a quality review of perfumes because to really appreciate a perfume you have to wear it daily for some period of time I think, and this is just not something that I do.

This is not one that's currently listed at the oudique website, so I am not sure what it is made from. On my first impression hereI smell some heavy traditional style oud with some musky and agrestic facets, some sweet waxy almost floral notes, a good dose of ripe fruit, something juicy almost peachy, maybe some warm spices like cassia or cinnamon. I'm probably not even close here... there's a kind of muskiness to the overall profile. An interesting scent that seems thoughtfully blended. 🙂
 
Another @Oudique sample i spritzed today is Neriko - this one is very different from the Irian Jaya - it is a complex bouquet that i am struggling to identify the components of. I am smelling the base / dry down on a blotter and it is very distinctive - a thick, sweet, powdery, aroma that seems to balance woody, narcotic-floral, and balsamic elements. It is familiar somehow, a classic accord that reminds me of something from my past... it smells sophisticated - like something you'd smell on someone at the symphony or theater .
 
Another @Oudique sample i spritzed today is Neriko - this one is very different from the Irian Jaya - it is a complex bouquet that i am struggling to identify the components of. I am smelling the base / dry down on a blotter and it is very distinctive - a thick, sweet, powdery, aroma that seems to balance woody, narcotic-floral, and balsamic elements. It is familiar somehow, a classic accord that reminds me of something from my past... it smells sophisticated - like something you'd smell on someone at the symphony or theater .
This one sounds fascinating…especially when you say someone at an orchestra should be wearing it.
 
Back
Top