Henry Jacques - No.9 D’Igor

I’ve been buying decants of various Henry Jacques perfumes the past year. This was my first official buy after having sampled it months ago.

I have the Les Essences (oil) as the Les Brumes (spray) was out of stock.

I starts off with a moderate aldehydic and clove scent right off the bat. I didn’t recall getting that note when I sampled it but what was to come was amazing. As it settles on the skin, it becomes floral with more of Lilly of the Valley scent overcoming the Jasmine scent. Later on, patchouli and leather notes make their guest appearances. I'm always amazed at how Hj perfumes evolve after application.

All in all, very beautiful. Can’t wait to add another to (what will be) the collection.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Perfume of the Day
    IMG_1795.webp
    169.1 KB · Views: 0
  • [Ouddict.com] Perfume of the Day
    IMG_1798.webp
    60.1 KB · Views: 0
Henry Jacques - No.9 D’Igor

I’ve been buying decants of various Henry Jacques perfumes the past year. This was my first official buy after having sampled it months ago.

I have the Les Essences (oil) as the Les Brumes (spray) was out of stock.

I starts off with a moderate aldehydic and clove scent right off the bat. I didn’t recall getting that note when I sampled it but what was to come was amazing. As it settles on the skin, it becomes floral with more of Lilly of the Valley scent overcoming the Jasmine scent. Later on, patchouli and leather notes make their guest appearances. I'm always amazed at how Hj perfumes evolve after application.

All in all, very beautiful. Can’t wait to add another to (what will be) the collection.
Habibi ❤️😍😍😍😍
 
Henry Jacques - No.9 D’Igor

I’ve been buying decants of various Henry Jacques perfumes the past year. This was my first official buy after having sampled it months ago.

I have the Les Essences (oil) as the Les Brumes (spray) was out of stock.

I starts off with a moderate aldehydic and clove scent right off the bat. I didn’t recall getting that note when I sampled it but what was to come was amazing. As it settles on the skin, it becomes floral with more of Lilly of the Valley scent overcoming the Jasmine scent. Later on, patchouli and leather notes make their guest appearances. I'm always amazed at how Hj perfumes evolve after application.

All in all, very beautiful. Can’t wait to add another to (what will be) the collection.
One day, @mobyus
 
Henry Jacques - No.9 D’Igor

I’ve been buying decants of various Henry Jacques perfumes the past year. This was my first official buy after having sampled it months ago.

I have the Les Essences (oil) as the Les Brumes (spray) was out of stock.

I starts off with a moderate aldehydic and clove scent right off the bat. I didn’t recall getting that note when I sampled it but what was to come was amazing. As it settles on the skin, it becomes floral with more of Lilly of the Valley scent overcoming the Jasmine scent. Later on, patchouli and leather notes make their guest appearances. I'm always amazed at how Hj perfumes evolve after application.

All in all, very beautiful. Can’t wait to add another to (what will be) the collection.
I got ood morning by Laurent smal few days back . Looking at oud invictus now .
 
EO - Tigerlust SE with added Tigerwood Royale and Malay Atiq. Lovely mix of cracked leather, civet, bright florals and some smokey undertones. The benefit of adding some extra oils is that if I get it right, the endless descent into the drydown over the course of the day is always the best part.
 
Secre absolu by Fragonard. A nice olfactory reset through the western interpretation of a Shammama. Beautiful and soothing in this annoying cold rain. But can't wait to go to India and beef up my perfume collection.
 
KYMYA - Zahra

The opening reveals top notes of lemon and fennel. The heart brings about a nice woody nutmeg nuance along with narcotic Egyption jasmine and Moroccan rose. The Indian sandalwood and Haitian vetiver soon come about as the base notes are uncovered. It's floral, fresh, green, and bittersweet. A beautiful composition.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Perfume of the Day
    IMG_1825.webp
    84.6 KB · Views: 0
Oudique - SQ Atelier, Henry Jacques, Manager

When i first smelled it it smelled of a Classique HJ. Meaning that it was evident that the components and ingredients will show themselves some time after the wear and not before.

It starts off soft, with light citrus and saffronic notes. A while after application an enormous waff of beautiful florals take the stage. It's not too overwhelming though as is the style with HJs. Its very smooth.

Soft and supple jasmine and rose intertwine competing to be the lead note in this symphony of olfactory proportions. Later on, powdery musk, oud, and silky sandalwood start to emerge. This re-enforces the other notes and solidifies this fragrance as one of the powerhouses of HJ fragrances brought about by SQ collections.

Thanks for stocking this @Oudique
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Perfume of the Day
    IMG_1832.webp
    53.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
EO - Rawda

It's an oriental spicy perfume with notes of vanilla, sweet wood akin to the 1970s furniture smell with incense burning in it. It features notes of citrus, Afghan and Persian rose, 3 types of oud, and lemony frankincense. The drydown is amazing and I can smell the scent the next day.

It has a lot of similarities to Silk Dunes from Hunayn which I think is an underrated fragrance. Sadly, the bottle is finished. But I'm keeping the leather case.

Aaaaaaand NOW my wife walks in and says “what is that smell? It's nice!”. 😑 when it's finished.

Thanks @Karim Collects for letting me buy that off you. It was nirvana when it came to scents.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Perfume of the Day
    IMG_1836.webp
    82 KB · Views: 0
  • [Ouddict.com] Perfume of the Day
    IMG_1835.webp
    172.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Borneo 3000 Parfum - EO
Another pretty generous sample here. This is my first time messing with one of the EO perfumes, and I never tried Borneo 3000, so I lack that reference point.

There’s a dizzying list of delicious-sounding ingredients on the product description, some of which I have never heard of before.

To me, it smells like raisins soaked in spiced rum, with vanilla and a dark floral bouquet - I want to say violet, although maybe the floral experts here could pick out others alongside. There’s also a soapy aspect I’m less crazy about - kind of a clean, ‘aftershave’ vibe, although there is some musk here, too, so we have a subtle, spicy undertone to complicate that latter impression. Some nice, woody, antique furniture vibes come later in the drydown. The composition paints a dark, mysterious, exotic picture for me.

Clearly a high-end, luxurious product, and I can see why people would want to consume oud this way, i.e. expertly blended with other ingredients that (hopefully) exalt the material, and packaged as a spray.
IMG_0838.webp
 
Oudique - SQ Atelier, Henry Jacques, No.8 de HJ

This was actually described in the Oudique WhatsApp group as having a “barber shop” type scent. And it really does!

It’s very powdery, floral, and has some similarities to Echt Kölnisch Wasser Daisy 4711 cologne in some way shape or form. It’s like a clean evolution of body lotion in oil form.

I quite like it! Although I don’t prefer it over any of the HJs in my possession. It’s nice to apply after a shower 🚿. Which is what I did and it feels amazing and reveals more with each passing minute.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Perfume of the Day
    IMG_1843.webp
    109.3 KB · Views: 0
Henry Jacques - Oudh Imperial (decant)

This is the best oud-based perfume I've tried and nothing else comes close. I've tried Onction which has Oud and I haven't tried their Oud Supreme. But this one just hits all the spots for me. It has Oud as the top scent, then geranium and leather as the middle notes, and amber, vanilla, and patchouli as the base notes. It has strong sillage and projection. Lasts long on the skin and clothes. It was my first HJ and I always plan to have a supply of it.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Perfume of the Day
    Oudh imperial.webp
    93.6 KB · Views: 0
EO - Mongolian Musk

I feel this one is to much for me. More animalic that Tibetan musk. Urinal note is more present.
It's interesting and off putting at the same time.


My dog is obsessed with it. Won't stop sniffing me😂
My wife also hates this one lol.
 
Faizal Privèe - Hindi Love Affair (discontinued)

Strong scent of pepper along with mango 🥭, ginger 🫚, and turmeric. The spice (not the heat) level is turned way up on this. And all of this sits on a scent of Assam Oud and roses 🌹. Very juicy and leathery.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Perfume of the Day
    IMG_1883.webp
    144.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Elkhaldi Studio - Dukkan

When i first received it about 6 months ago it was very herbal and tea and earthy smelling fragrance but since then it has evolved more to a very sweet and flowery rose smelling fragrance that blossoms as you wear it throughout the day, and it slowly transitions to its woody indonesian oud base. A fantastic fragrance
[Ouddict.com] Perfume of the Day
 
Spent most of the day with family for Easter. Now it's my time to recharge 😂

Louis Vuitton triple layer combo:
Ambre Levant
Myriad
Ombre Nomad
How do you find Ombré Nomad? I read it was supposed to be like a traditional oud+rose but I expect something more western, 😅. Which is NOT A BAD THING, I do it, but it’s not what I’m looking for.
 
Back
Top