Elkhaldi Studio - Dukkan

When i first received it about 6 months ago it was very herbal and tea and earthy smelling fragrance but since then it has evolved more to a very sweet and flowery rose smelling fragrance that blossoms as you wear it throughout the day, and it slowly transitions to its woody indonesian oud base. A fantastic fragrance
View attachment 54148
Can’t wait to get my hands on one of his works….one day….
 
Henry Jacques - Oudh Imperial (decant)

This is the best oud-based perfume I've tried and nothing else comes close. I've tried Onction which has Oud and I haven't tried their Oud Supreme. But this one just hits all the spots for me. It has Oud as the top scent, then geranium and leather as the middle notes, and amber, vanilla, and patchouli as the base notes. It has strong sillage and projection. Lasts long on the skin and clothes. It was my first HJ and I always plan to have a supply of it.
Curious on their price range. They have a boutique in NYC, right?
 
Can’t wait to get my hands on one of his works….one day….
Me too i want to try one more from him because so far my experience has been amazing with the fragrance and its quality. I personally have been dying to try his Katsuri Cola. I’ve kind of had a little self imposed challenge to try around 2 works or testers from a good amount of artisans to get a feel out the most i can from artisanal fragrances and to see all of the different types of styles and personalities that shine through them
 
Last edited:
How do you find Ombré Nomad? I read it was supposed to be like a traditional oud+rose but I expect something more western, 😅. Which is NOT A BAD THING, I do it, but it’s not what I’m looking for.
My wife likes it but I can't stand it tbh.
It's extremely loud and in your face. Im also not a fan of leather scents and this has plenty of it.

Older batches are not as screetchy but more expensive.
 
My wife likes it but I can't stand it tbh.
It's extremely loud and in your face. Im also not a fan of leather scents and this has plenty of it.

Older batches are not as screetchy but more expensive.
My wife likes it but I can't stand it tbh.
It's extremely loud and in your face. Im also not a fan of leather scents and this has plenty of it.

Older batches are not as screetchy but more expensive.
Oh boy. Glad I asked. I don’t care for synthetic leathers either. The leather nuances from some castoreums are okay though
 
Wearing Majestic Special Oud by Arabian Oud. Picked this up a long long time ago and although not very expensive it is rather enjoyable.

On my skin the rose speaks louder than the Oud and there's a nice scent bubble. Natural? Smells realistic enough to be. A friend told me it was a selection available at his Mosque. Have you tried it?


IMG_0796.webp
 
[Ouddict.com] Perfume of the Day
For today I am wearing Black Ops by Lost Tribe with a smidge of black currant bud absolute before spraying. I personally find the mango note a tad bit too tangy in the black ops and so i applied this black currant bud absolute because it has a bit of a darker floral scent to it that brings down the tangy-ness without canceling out the mango scent and brings the overall scent profile to a darker more mystical smelling side witch i quite enjoy a lot.
 
View attachment 54211
For today I am wearing Black Ops by Lost Tribe with a smidge of black currant bud absolute before spraying. I personally find the mango note a tad bit too tangy in the black ops and so i applied this black currant bud absolute because it has a bit of a darker floral scent to it that brings down the tangy-ness without canceling out the mango scent and brings the overall scent profile to a darker more mystical smelling side witch i quite enjoy a lot.
Also forgot to say that the fragrance turns a bit more citrusy as it settles
 
Finally my almost full bottle of ALD’s Oud Luwak 2 arrived last week, wearing it today! I am truly calmed and soothed by this scent, i find it quite “feminine” in the soft and sensual, smokey, powdery, dry-down. I was able to purchase the rest of the same bottle I got a decant from and after a long ordeal with local usps (lying to my face for 3 days in a row, prompting an internal investigation at my job, where we receive deliveries often) it finally arrived. I am so happy that I sold some other frags to get this. Perfect weather for it today, cool, crisp, on the verge of rain, with small, warm sun-rays peaking thru the grey sky. It came w/a small sample of a Pinoy Sirun frag I have yet to wear or review but smells like a heady floral oud.
[Ouddict.com] Perfume of the Day
 
Finally my almost full bottle of ALD’s Oud Luwak 2 arrived last week, wearing it today! I am truly calmed and soothed by this scent, i find it quite “feminine” in the soft and sensual, smokey, powdery, dry-down. I was able to purchase the rest of the same bottle I got a decant from and after a long ordeal with local usps (lying to my face for 3 days in a row, prompting an internal investigation at my job, where we receive deliveries often) it finally arrived. I am so happy that I sold some other frags to get this. Perfect weather for it today, cool, crisp, on the verge of rain, with small, warm sun-rays peaking thru the grey sky. It came w/a small sample of a Pinoy Sirun frag I have yet to wear or review but smells like a heady floral oud.
View attachment 54228
which perfumes sample from pinoy sirun ?
 
EO lion lust

Glad to have scored a decant of this. Slightly animalistic and musky for the first 10-15 min and then a wonderful humming honeyed vanilla sweetness with delicate florals comes up. Wife loves it. Good projection.

Six hours later, I need to get a couple inches from my arm to smell it but it’s there… Big time

 
Back
Top