Today’s perfume of the day is Jasmine Wood by Gap. I had a little sample form way back and i just love it. I completely forgot about it for like a year but trying it tonight, it is sweet and it smells almost natural, not chemically at all and is overall just a nice bright scent. I wish they still made it. It is amazing.
 
Badr Harqan - Taif Rose Edition II

Smells divine! Like Taif rose oil but without the sharpness that sometimes comes with heavy concentration. It smells clean, fresh, floral, and vegetal. It smells perfect for when you want to enjoy a Spring or Summer day. It really evokes the feeling of walking in a fragrant rose field. Absolutely well-executed and a beautiful fragrance.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Perfume of the Day
    IMG_1964.webp
    119.8 KB · Views: 0
  • [Ouddict.com] Perfume of the Day
    IMG_1965.webp
    230.2 KB · Views: 0
Badr Harqan - Taif Rose Edition II

Smells divine! Like Taif rose oil but without the sharpness that sometimes comes with heavy concentration. It smells clean, fresh, floral, and vegetal. It smells perfect for when you want to enjoy a Spring or Summer day. It really evokes the feeling of walking in a fragrant rose field. Absolutely well-executed and a beautiful fragrance.
I checked out their Instagram profile, very interesting combination of organic farming and in the clip I watched they were demonstrating some more modernized distillation methods. Was surprised to see the green color of their taif rose - they state that the green color reflects the organic farming methods, natural composting, etc.
 
I checked out their Instagram profile, very interesting combination of organic farming and in the clip I watched they were demonstrating some more modernized distillation methods. Was surprised to see the green color of their taif rose - they state that the green color reflects the organic farming methods, natural composting, etc.

He makes it on an annual basis once during the season. I missed last year’s edition. So I was keen on grabbing this year’s edition. And it doesn’t disappoint. It’s well above my expectations.
 
Hunayn - Silk Dunes

I wanted something to layer with Hainan Sidr II from Sulaym. This fragrance fits the bill. It’s one of my favorite artisanal perfumes. Smooth cinnamon, spicy clove, creamy sandalwood, Malay oud, leather, and the most beautiful rose bouquet scent all form the crux of Silk Dunes. Juxtaposed against the honey-bomb which is Hainan Sidr. This is a powerhouse combination.

Also, 95% of Hunayn fragrances are out of stock. I missed the boat on Jade of Chama. I want to go deeper into Hunayn. I’m a big fan of this house due to Silk Dunes’ superior scent profile and the artwork present on the bottles. This gave me a good impression from the outset.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Perfume of the Day
    IMG_2587.webp
    122.1 KB · Views: 0
Today we are wearing Red Hibiscus by Jo Malone. It is a very flowery sweet, almost nectary scent with a little bit of a chemical smell to it. Haven’t worn it in forever. It’s nice, but now that chemical smell really stands out to me after wearing all naturals for a long while.
[Ouddict.com] Perfume of the Day

Sorry, it’s hard to see the label.
 
Ora by Mallo, this is beautiful oud/pine/rose combo. Til this fragrance i was not huge fan of oud/rose combos, but this is done so very well. Projection reminds more of a attar than a perfume.
Perfect harmony between pine, oud and rose. Looking back in time i feel sad, that i only bought a sample and not a full bottle.
Feeling many times rose leaning more to the feminine side, but with combination of pine its more masculine, with pink pepper on top also giving little fruity touch.
Its very polite perfume.
 
Last edited:
Trnp- wild space and bulgakov
wild space- prickly green, pineapples and almost like marijuana terpenes. kind of reminds me of an alternative/natural and experimental take on aventus. beautiful mix of green oudy.piney notes with some purple terpene bright note along with tropical citrus fruit. it smells like a lot too notes but it stays for hours

bulgakov - powdery florals, regal oakmoss bitterness of oud mixing with sweetness of resins. some musky nuance from cumin or the caraway. a masterful classical russian composition with lots of depth and nuance
 
Henry Jacques - Whidia

Citrusy floral goodness coming from the mandarin orange 🍊, Ylang Ylang, and creamy sandalwood base. Beautiful scent coming off of this. You can’t change my mind that the oils from HJ are superior to the Les Brumes (spray) because it adds more complexity and layering.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Perfume of the Day
    IMG_2011.webp
    66.2 KB · Views: 0
Back
Top