Just put on Dior’s Oud Ispahan Espirt. Love it, for but an Espirt, you would think it would last longer than 4 hours. Thant’s okay by me, it’s strong than the regulars edp and lasts just as long, so the ride it wilder, and i get to try something else afterwards! It’s obviously an oud accord, you can detect that synthetics feel to it, but it’s still lovely.
 
Henry Jacques - Merveilleuse De HJ

Last day of work before a 10-day Eid Al-Adha holiday. Thought I would wear this beauty.

Beautiful aromatic ylang ylang, coriander, and woody floral bouquet along with a slightly delicate spicy clove touch and sumptuous oriental rose coming off of this extraordinary fragrance. One of my favorite HJs.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Perfume of the Day
    IMG_2094.webp
    69.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Henry Jacques - Merveilleuse De HJ

Last day of work before a 10-day Eid Al-Adha holiday. Thought I would wear this beauty.

Beautiful aromatic ylang ylang, coriander, and woody floral bouquet along with a slightly delicate spicy clove touch and sumptuous oriental rose coming off of this extraordinary fragrance. One of my favorite HJs.
Bless your coworkers, 😂
 
Laurent Smal - Opera Nocturne (sample)

Absolutely beautiful fragrance but I have no written scent notes to go by. But I’m getting jasmine, sandalwood, musk, and maybe some oud. Very sweet, bright, floral, and creamy. Great sillage and projection on this. Excellent fragrance.
 
Laurent Smal - Opulence (sample)

This has a different DNA than Dear Musc and Rider on the Stars. This one is more boozy, floral, slightly animalic, has more oud in it, salty ambergris-y, and showcases notes of vanilla. Quite a complex scent but strong, highly fragrant, and well-executed. It’s packed with ingredients that compliment each other. Very beautiful fragrance.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Perfume of the Day
    IMG_2617.webp
    87.4 KB · Views: 0
Ambre Levant - Louis Vuitton

Layered with a fat swipe of Malaya Sultan- Alhindoud.

My wife walked inside and said, wow you smell amazing.
I asked her what it smells like, she said I don't know. You just smell great.

Should I tell her??? That I swiped pure Oud and she likes it? 😂

She will never admit it lol.
 
Ensar Oud - Lion Lust - Don't see this one mentioned much - but it really is quite an amazing composition. Takes all the fruity/ oudy/ musky goodness of the Tigerlust DNA and rounds it out with deep, rich vanillic sweetness. So incredibly well blended, rich, opulent - it might just be my favourite spray of all.
 
Henry Jacques - Oudh Imperial

Back to work after the Eid holidays. This is what I picked for a come back.

Begins light and calm, but then morphs into something powerful. The geranium, oud, and leather are something to behold. Along with the vanilla, amber, and patchouli, and overall woodiness to the scent, its the best Oud fragrance out there. I will have to compare it soon to Oudh Supreme.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Perfume of the Day
    Oudh imperial.webp
    93.6 KB · Views: 0
Henry Jacques - Celima

It must be said that HJ is the only perfumery where I am completely comfortable wearing female-oriented fragrances. They port on to males just as good as they would for females.

This is one is a beauty. I'm getting sweet, plump, and juicy tangerine notes along with what seems to be a cinnamon-like element. Although there is no cinnamon in the notes list. I think it's from the benzoin. Then comes the transition to rum and the fruity ylang ylang. The patchouli, sandalwood, and vanilla balance and round everything out exquisitely in most compositions it seems. Being there yet slightly muted initially and only show up later in the wear.

There is nothing close to Henry Jacques perfumes that I've come across during my lifetime that emulate it. Even Laurent Smal who comes close is one of the noses of HJ and is the son-in-law of HJ. He makes great perfumes in his own right is has to be said.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Perfume of the Day
    Celima.webp
    55 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Henry Jacques - Mr. H

This fragrance is my top HJ and overall scent altogether. Nothing comes close. Nada! Nil!

Its a fougere that's spicy, woody, and slightly sweet. With amber, cedar leaf, tobacco, sandalwood, patchouli, and geranium as its notes. Seemingly simple ingredients brilliantly executed. It smells divine and I want to bathe in it. It exudes confidence, luxury, and sophistication.

Glad to add this to the HJ collection I'm amassing.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Perfume of the Day
    Mr. H.webp
    60.7 KB · Views: 0
Henry Jacques - Mr. H

This fragrance is my top HJ and overall scent altogether. Nothing comes close. Nada! Nil!

Its a fougere that's spicy, woody, and slightly sweet. With amber, cedar leaf, tobacco, sandalwood, patchouli, and geranium as its notes. Seemingly simple ingredients brilliantly executed. It smells divine and I want to bathe in it. It exudes confidence, luxury, and sophistication.

Glad to add this to the HJ collection I'm amassing.
Yes, you seem to be getting quite the wearings out of HJ! I should go to the store if there's one in NYC and sample, hehe.
 
Henry Jacques - Mr. H

This fragrance is my top HJ and overall scent altogether. Nothing comes close. Nada! Nil!

Its a fougere that's spicy, woody, and slightly sweet. With amber, cedar leaf, tobacco, sandalwood, patchouli, and geranium as its notes. Seemingly simple ingredients brilliantly executed. It smells divine and I want to bathe in it. It exudes confidence, luxury, and sophistication.

Glad to add this to the HJ collection I'm amassing.
Among the best from the house, next you should try Mrs Y and Galileo : )
 
Back
Top