Ensar Oud - Lion Lust - Don't see this one mentioned much - but it really is quite an amazing composition. Takes all the fruity/ oudy/ musky goodness of the Tigerlust DNA and rounds it out with deep, rich vanillic sweetness. So incredibly well blended, rich, opulent - it might just be my favourite spray of all.
I’m with you on that! I have a couple 5ml decants. “I like it too” - My Wife
 
scent_talks - Force Majeure

Very lovely fresh and citrusy fragrance. I’m loving the rose, Bergamot, Lemon, Paolo Santo, Neroli, Pineapple, and Pear. Beautifully blended with Cardamon, Clove, and Green hojari frankincense, Guaiac wood, Oud, Vetiver, and oak moss. I don’t how he makes these ingredients work well together but it just works. It’s hard to keep up with his creations when he keeps on pushing out quality products like these.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Perfume of the Day
    IMG_2732.webp
    69.1 KB · Views: 0
rogue perfumery- jasmine antique and rostracto

jasmine antique is done very well, jasmine can go too indolic and end up with a kind of grandma note i don’t love, with this antique title i thought it might veer into that territory. it’s not overly indolic or sweet and bright, it’s kind of matte in my head, very rounded and balanced in mid notes, especially for a floral dominant perfume. it rests an a bed that feels classic without feeling over the top, regal smooth musky and jasmine resting there for hours. pretty good stuff

rostracto is amazing, it’s a cubist envisioning of a rose and it’s a very well done project. bright dewy sharp citric along with a smoky note verging on a cigarette note that i love as well as a more resinous depth that i can almost get frankincense smoke out of. all the notes intermingle and it is bombastic, experimental but still a phenomenal rose perfume where you can really smell the quality rose used first and foremost, but done in a very cool and experimental style.
 
EO - Purple Haze

Yes, EO can be often overpriced and the marketing hype is truly hyperbolic

I have other issues with him and his brand and honestly I’m cooling off, especially on the value propositions, and Ensars ALOOFNESS. It seems like it’s obviously some part of the strategy to build a mythology… Why can’t he actually just post once in a while or come down from his tower to talk to us customers?

OK, now that I have that off my chest (well… not quite)

Today I put one of his perfumes on my chest

This one is just a banger. I wore this home to be with my parents and my mom hugged me several times today – – I’m so lucky to have her with me still in my life praise God – – and each time she remarked

wow what is that??? You smell so good!

Yep. I know. It’s got just the right balance of sweetness and animatics.
 
Henry Jacques - Oudh Imperial

Cracking open a new decant bottle. This stuff is narcotic!
do you get your HJ decants from an online retailer? or do you do splits somewhere in a private sphere online?

always wanted to sample but the pricing/size is prohibitive
 
  • Like
Reactions: Joe
do you get your HJ decants from an online retailer? or do you do splits somewhere in a private sphere online?

always wanted to sample but the pricing/size is prohibitive
For Oudh Imperial I found a seller on Etsy who had 600 ml of the stuff and i bought 6 x 10ml bottles. After that she said she had sold the rest. For other decants I buy from a trusted Saudi friend on FB. Also, there is an online store based in Abu Dhabi called Loja Store that sells HJ decants.
 
EO - CP Raspberry Pure Parfum

The Summer is here and heat has started to scorch me. A fitting parfum for this weather would be the fresh, fruity, bright, smoky, woody, oudy, and animalic CP Rasperry. The Japanese rose absolute and Otto work beautifully here. There’s a strong presence of animalics in the form of Tonkin musk that creamy and velvety. There’s Cambodi, Sri Lankan, Indian, and Sumatran ouds and they are amazing! The Indian reminds me of Assam No.1.The pepper, blue lotus, and ylang ylang are very delectable. And of course, raspberry! A nice Summer treat!
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Perfume of the Day
    IMG_2750.webp
    72.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
How long does this last? It doesn't last long for me. My skin I guess just absorbs it. I don't know.
I got it for a very good price so cannot complain about the price tag but generally speaking I expect much more performance from it. Having said that the smell of the Musk in it is mind boggling. No doubt the musk in it shouts vintage and quality.
Try @Al Hashimi ’s Misk spray. One shot, all day! Plus he gets his supplies from legitimate sources which he’s explain in another post.
 
How long does this last? It doesn't last long for me. My skin I guess just absorbs it. I don't know.
I got it for a very good price so cannot complain about the price tag but generally speaking I expect much more performance from it. Having said that the smell of the Musk in it is mind boggling. No doubt the musk in it shouts vintage and quality.
Try @Al Hashimi ’s Misk spray. One shot, all day! Plus he gets his supplies from legitimate sources which he’s explain in another post.
 
Back
Top