Henry Jacques - Blue Vanille

Not much to say. Its a clean and woody vanilla profile. Silky and luxurious feeling.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Perfume of the Day
    Blue Vanille.webp
    86 KB · Views: 0
Manzar Oudh Qahir

I’m not really a spray guy, and I’ve stood corrected on here several times getting basic facts wrong about perfume sprays, so bear with me.

The ingredients/notes listed for this are:

QAHIR (PERFUME 70% CONCENTRATION) - It has ingredients of
Oud Kalakassi, oud Meghalaya, oud Cambodi, srilankan oud, Rose, cinnamon, bergamot, Sichuan pepper, leading into a rich heart of patchouli and woody sweet


So we have some of his best ouds in here and a clear effort to make something strong as hell - قاهر literally means ‘strong/powerful’ in Arabic - while still being wearable and composed.

I am still very, very new to smelling real oud diluted in alcohol. It’s probably top of my list of things to experiment with, but I just never can be bothered to buy the pipettes, the vials, the alcohol, etc. But based on what little I have smelled to date, the effect seems to be to accentuate fruit notes in the material and create a rum/brandy/arrack/sherried-whisky impression.

So it is here. The material is still mostly liquid when it comes out of the nozzle. One squirt is more than plenty. It barely atomises. The opening is like a medley of fine, aged spirits, landing somewhere between an old rum, a fruity cognac and a sherry-bomb Scotch. The boozy impressions are lifted by rich fruit notes - a touch of dried pineapple, a little overripe banana, rum-soaked raisins, bruised apple. The drydown is leathery and slightly woody, with a rum-barrel impression. There is also just a slight touch of barnyard in the drydown, not overpowering, but definitely preset.

The sillage is crazy. Just half a squirt is needed for all-day wear. Any more and I think l’ll get fired from work. 😬😆

View attachment 55708
That sounds amazing!
 
Cuir de Russie 2 attar from ALD. I did a very healthy 4 swipes and was coated in a shield through a world cup final and drinks after, then cleaning at home, the reception of a friend, tacos for dinner, and now as I get ready to bed I smell like a combination of glue, chocolate chip cookies, and deer musk, if I'm being frank and maybe a little less sophisticated with my note description. I love the attar much more than the spray since the florals are tamed. These tarry-black perfumes and scents are just what I love, especially since it doesn't rely on fossilzed amber, which I enjoy but also dislike if it is too forward in a composition. If anyone knows of some more black black fragrances or even better, ouds, I'd love to know (I've already been eyeing that "dark ouds" thread)
 
Faizal Privée - Hindi Love Affair

Right off the bat I can pick up that deep Assami oud and spiced Indian mango 🥭. Also within this beauty is Hindi rose and Indian saffron which is giving it these sweet honey and dried hay notes. The black and pink pepper provides a nice heated lift. The ginger provides a comforting warmth which reminds me of when I put ginger in tea ☕️ to mend throat ailments. I feel lucky to own this which is in the FP vault now discontinued. A very addicting perfume from FP.

[Ouddict.com] Perfume of the Day
 
Zoologist bee, a classic. I think this exemplifies naturals and synthetics working to make something one could not make with naturals alone (or synthetics alone!). A masterpiece. Not for everyone, but the changes over progression, longevity, and for it's style, unmatched. Def one of my favs. Prob out of season, cloying in heat, but I'm just going indoor to indoor today, so it's whatever

And the zoologist brand tends to not be scared to be bold. Even if I dislike some of their stuff for actual wear, I generally respect that they got what they were going for
 
Last edited:
Blue lotus absolute Srilankan from risingsunbotanicals.
A perfume by its ownself. Absolutely sublime. Blue lotus Thai is also good but it is more honeyed very potent slightly spicy and aquatic. However, the Srilankan is pure bliss in a bottle. It is a legal narcotic. I am looking to make a blend so that the top and middle notes of the lotus anchor for a long time with the base.
 
Two Jogi today:
Meem
Heer Prive

Meem beautiful chocolatey musk opening with orange syrup...dries down musk and sandalwood with wonderful chocolatey feral facets..

Later needed a small boost - Heer Prive with big multifaceted roses, taif rose, citrusy and zingy, brought alive with huge doses of bright musk and clean resinous ouds
 
Aguru by TRNP on today, a warm and sunny but windy day. I really been on a saffron kick lately and love how skillfully and delicately its used here in an overall very green fragrance. Of course I added more oud, with a dab of thai crassna i like from safinity, to sweeten things up. I gained a bit more appreciation for the chypre after smelling a few vintage ones at the osmotheque exhibit inside scentfestsf expo last month, which were simply heaven to experience.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Perfume of the Day
    IMG_0609.webp
    65.9 KB · Views: 0
Since today is the Jummah prayer I've put some King Maydi with Honey Oud layering. Both are from Gafur.ae. King Maydi have this luxarious incensey (Omani Hojari) with Tai'f rosey sweet, spicey, fresh citrusy middle eastern dna in it. Layering with Honey Oud makes it feel special for me. ^^ Cool but yet it's giving the sign that I'm present like an atmosphere.
 
Ensar oud - oud sq

I much prefer the use of castoreum in this in comparison to EO1 oud Khidr as I feel as though it contributes to the “dark” aspect of the perfume without being overbearing, therefore making it more wearable in my opinion. in EO1 oud Khidr the castoreum (which is very strong), in combination with nutmeg creates an extremely unpleasant spicy animalic smell, which to be fair after trying it again vaguely recently I don’t seem to hate as much, but I still absolutely would not buy it.
 
Back
Top