Ensar oud - oud sq

I much prefer the use of castoreum in this in comparison to EO1 oud Khidr as I feel as though it contributes to the “dark” aspect of the perfume without being overbearing, therefore making it more wearable in my opinion. in EO1 oud Khidr the castoreum (which is very strong), in combination with nutmeg creates an extremely unpleasant spicy animalic smell, which to be fair after trying it again vaguely recently I don’t seem to hate as much, but I still absolutely would not buy it.
Interesting observation. I rather enjoy EO1 Oud Khidr and haven't been overwhelmed by castoreum at all. I tend to wear it when alone as it's no crowd pleaser and it requires time and attention to be appreciated, but I love the elegant oud profile that shimmers and glows atop the generous helping of ambergris. I find it is a real shape shifter though and some days it just doesn't want to come out to play.
 
Interesting observation. I rather enjoy EO1 Oud Khidr and haven't been overwhelmed by castoreum at all. I tend to wear it when alone as it's no crowd pleaser and it requires time and attention to be appreciated, but I love the elegant oud profile that shimmers and glows atop the generous helping of ambergris. I find it is a real shape shifter though and some days it just doesn't want to come out to play.
I should’ve specified I was talking about the opening, I can’t really remember what the dry down was like as I was unfortunately repulsed the first time I tried it and so I tried to avoid smelling it (it is very strong and so that somewhat failed) thankfully I no longer have this dramatic reaction, and so I think I will come back to it soon.

I asked someone what they thought about it and they said, and I quote “Ass, worst version of EO no1.” Their reasoning was that it is overly animalic and advised me to try EO1 Assam saying it is more balanced, although they did say that they believe there are many better EO perfumes than anything the EO no1 line has to offer.

However I do like other perfumes with animalic aspects such as: Tonkin Rose, Civet Regal, Musc et Vanille, Layl Sultan and a few others.
 
Just to add on to what I was saying, I don’t think I’ve got a good impression of Oud sq as it came in a dabber type of sample, and so it doesn’t really project to a significant enough degree to where I can easily smell it.
 
Serge Lutens - Santal Majuscule (sample)

Warm, woody, beautiful sandalwood aroma. Light and perfect for the Summer. My favorite from this set.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Perfume of the Day
    Serge.webp
    164.7 KB · Views: 0
Areej Le Dore - Al Majmua

It starts with a sour and powdery top with the bergamot and blackcurrant. It lacks the animalic notes that we’re so used to ALD providing. Although it doesn’t out line any floral notes in the scent pyramid I do get wafts of florals. Mainly Jasmine. The patchouli and vetiver provide both a sweet and bitter undertone to the fragrance which I like very much. The iris and cedar wood base provide a cushion for all of the notes. I don’t think this is one of the popular fragrances coming out of ALD but it was my first fragrance from them so it has a soft spot with me. What I love also is the projection and longevity.

[Ouddict.com] Perfume of the Day
 
Henry Jacques - Sultan No.1

Really beautiful saffron scent coupled with the woodiness of the cedar and the delicate chamomile. The White musk is very nice in this and works well with the slight cardamom note. The orange blossom and rose are beautiful. Its a light and airy perfume with a slight citrusy aroma. Overall, this is a perfume which I love and appreciate very much.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Perfume of the Day
    Sultan No1.webp
    135.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
A small travel bottle of vintage Antaeus that has oudique’s sumatran Oud resin plus some sq Bulgarian rose macerating In it for about one month now.

The opening notes are most changed. Much smokier, crystalline and natural. Less of the harsh herbs. Now in the mid the perfume is taking over. I’m curious to see how this dries down.
 
Back
Top