Henry Jacques - Ambrose

This is a really light and airy version of a floral perfume. It has a light minty opening along with a touch Bulgarian rose. Both feel slightly powdery. Not the acute kind of powdery. But gentle. The Bulgarian rose really shines here as its not the Bulgarian oil I'm used to applying that is sharp. It's very light and inviting.

Then comes light White Anise which also feels like it has a light touch. After an hour there is a strong sustained scent of amber and sandalwood that's really beautiful. There is also a slight woodiness to the whole composition. Like the smell of freshly opened toy puzzle. I can't stress enough that everything seems light in this fragrance.

I would be perfectly fine with my daughter who is 10-years old wearing this. Although I love the wide selection and different scent profiles of HJ, this one feels benign enough for a younger kids to wear or is more feminine driven. I'm fine with wearing feminine-style perfumes it's just that this one is a bit too light for me. Very beautiful nonetheless.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Perfume of the Day
    Ambrose.webp
    58.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Well, today was a zoologist bee day. not to everyone's tastes certainly, but just such a well put together scent. evolves over time, hits all the right notes well beyond what just beeswax absolute or honey accords can hit, and the purest perfect scent of beeswax and non sweet/floral honey can be. hitting honey/beeswax is a tough balance, without getting to urinous, too sweet, muddied, and this manages it in droves. though i have seen some comment its too urinous, i think maybe my skin just doesnt lean that way or something with it. always a pleasure to wear on those proper occasions. dense and complex. and, i guess more importantly, just wildly different than most other things, unique in its odd goals. though, zoologist tends to do the 'weird and single purpose' fairly well as most of their scents are unique. yea, lots of synethetics as well, but doesnt smell synthetic to me, though certainly an achievement all the same, honey's are hard, even with all natural, and ive tried, and this is still the benchmark.
 
Henry Jacques - Roi Sans Equipage

This is my kind of fragrance. Very masculine. With notes of Bergamot, Clary Sage, Pepper, Tobacco, Leather, and Amber. What's not to like?

The bergamot opens sparkling followed by grounding herbaceous clary sage. It is then followed by slight notes of jasmine and patchouli, and tobacco. Its an aromatic woody fougere which is straight up my alley. Smells regal. Very beautiful.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Perfume of the Day
    RSE.webp
    106.8 KB · Views: 0
Henry Jacques - Ambrose

This is a really light and airy version of a floral perfume. It has a light minty opening along with a touch Bulgarian rose. Both feel slightly powdery. Not the acute kind of powdery. But gentle. The Bulgarian rose really shines here as its not the Bulgarian oil I'm used to applying that is sharp. It's very light and inviting.

Then comes light White Anise which also feels like it has a light touch. After an hour there is a strong sustained scent of amber and sandalwood that's really beautiful. There is also a slight woodiness to the whole composition. Like the smell of freshly opened toy puzzle. I can't stress enough that everything seems light in this fragrance.

I would be perfectly fine with my daughter who is 10-years old wearing this. Although I love the wide selection and different scent profiles of HJ, this one feels benign enough for a younger kids to wear or is more feminine driven. I'm fine with wearing feminine-style perfumes it's just that this one is a bit too light for me. Very beautiful nonetheless.
Unique notes. That’s what I like in a commercial house.
 
Got my ALD AL OUD in today and immediately gave it about 4-6 sprays on hands and wrists. Beautiful opening, a soft honeyed glow about it that is just funky enough. Also wearing several other ouds so not able to fully review yet but sitting nicely among a powdery, resinous dry-down of oils: yusa’s karimantan and safinity’s plantation khao yai, applied earlier in the day 👌
 
Rasasi Hawas for the day!
From all the niche and artisan scents that I posses this one still wins me over with the fruity and that feeling like you a standing next to open water. Do you guys know of any artisan perfumes that capture this "watery" /oceanic feeling, without being synthetic like Megamare and similar? I know elkhaldi has something planned so imma wait for that release.
 
Rasasi Hawas for the day!
From all the niche and artisan scents that I posses this one still wins me over with the fruity and that feeling like you a standing next to open water. Do you guys know of any artisan perfumes that capture this "watery" /oceanic feeling, without being synthetic like Megamare and similar? I know elkhaldi has something planned so imma wait for that release.
teone reinthal has mozas del agua which sounds exactly like what you’re looking for. she’s created a pretty solid watery accord through vetiver and citrus top notes primarily. it’s very nice
 
EO - No.1 Assam Pure Parfum

Besides the obvious oudy and oakmoss scent I pick up. There is this strong smell of marine and saline ambergris and mushrooms. This fungi scent has been something I’ve been trying to describe ever since i first tried it. It’s like white truffle shavings but not in a gourmand way.

The Assam Oud is strong here, whilst the rose 🌹 is somewhat light and airy. There are some strong animalics from the civet. The frankincense and sandalwood balance things out, and overall, it’s woody, spicy, and oriental in its inclination. Very unique and beautiful fragrance but I enjoy it alone and not on social occasions. Such is the fragrant ingredients’ power. It’s for the trained and not for the innocent bystanders.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Perfume of the Day
    IMG_2681.webp
    101.8 KB · Views: 0
  • [Ouddict.com] Perfume of the Day
    IMG_2682.webp
    94.1 KB · Views: 0
Ghallia - Misk

Having received Misk - my third spray from the house yesterday I wanted to share a little note to the team but also anyone interested in the house - it is truly exceptional IMO. Congratulations.

Musk is something fascinating for me - and when sourced and handled properly can really transform a perfume from a scent into an experience.

Having a composition that takes this mysterious almost magical ingredient and putting it front and centre to showcase all of its different facets is genius.

From the animalic opening through crazy transitions on skin going from creamy to smokey to chocolatey my brain was constantly intrigued, but always somehow energized and calmed at the same time over the entire day.

I have tested so much - it’s hard to come across something totally unique - but this one really is - unique.

Originally thought this would be for layering - but honestly - I think it would be a waste - this will be a rare treat - on its own - to remind myself why these ingredients have had their prized role in perfumery for so long.
 
Henry Jacques - Berceau de Ma Joie

It opens with heavy dose of olive juice. That's the association. I think to myself: "But this is HJ, surely it will transform and morph as the wear goes on". And it did, after a few minutes i began to get this does of bitter orange and florals. It's spicy, oriental, and smoky. I especially love the smoky part as that is the oud in the fragrance. The sandalwood allows a nice space of play for the tuberose and gardenia. Overall, not one of my favorite HJs but I think this would be more perfect for the winter.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Perfume of the Day
    Berceau.webp
    123.2 KB · Views: 0
Henry Jacques - Berceau de Ma Joie

It opens with heavy dose of olive juice. That's the association. I think to myself: "But this is HJ, surely it will transform and morph as the wear goes on". And it did, after a few minutes i began to get this does of bitter orange and florals. It's spicy, oriental, and smoky. I especially love the smoky part as that is the oud in the fragrance. The sandalwood allows a nice space of play for the tuberose and gardenia. Overall, not one of my favorite HJs but I think this would be more perfect for the winter.
Live bitter orange and floral together, but, like you, I’m not so sure about olive juice!….but i do love me some spicy, smoky, opulants! +Oud?! And as far as reserving for the winter, I would and do not!
 
Back
Top