language scent
True Woodict
@Faris https://neurosciencenews.com/cannabis-emotion-brain-connectivity-25505/
for you since you brought up empathy
for you since you brought up empathy
Well Islam is a religion based on evidences and rationality which is the distinguishing factor. Think less close minded more logically grounded.I respectfully disagree with your statement, and I don't want to turn this into a religious discussion but that sounds very close minded and a lot like the rhetoric you might hear from some Christian or Jew regarding other religions.
Religious discussions don't really belong in a group for Agarwood appreciation. Let's agree to end this right here right now as it will serve no good to continue
I didnt call someone who believes in christianity less intelligent, rather I provided logical proofs which point elsewhere.It surprises me you call someone who believes in God through Christianity less intelligent I certainly think this is an unhelpful view as they take there teachings from a book which they believe to be the word of God, if You where to want to teach someone who is a Christian why the Muslim religion is correct you would have pushed him away straight away with that kind of wording which in a way is not the most intelligent approach. One similarity I have noticed from true believers of the Muslim “FAITH” and true believers of the Christian “FAITH” is there love for humanity and there deep desire for everyone to know the Love of God and for there souls to be saved. There are many things That for me come into question when you read either book from a non religious point of view but I certainly love every living thing whether it be humans or whether it be animals or plants. I believe the most important thing is to love And to always have an open mind so we never stop learning. So much information is destroyed, censored and kept from us, for someone who loves to-try and learn the truth about things I feel it is important to question why this is? when-viewing the way the world is today I can’t help but wonder whether religion is a great tool to keep us distracted from the real evils at work. And to be honest if I was given great privileges whether it be heaven or what ever belief it is for the afterlife the thought of not doing anything to help the souls who according to what ever religion it may be where for eg. Lost into eternal damnation feels me with sadness, I could not sit there and do nothing to help them and I do not believe any god who is all good and love would be able to either. I have had the privilege to gain a lot of different experiences and meet all sorts of people from different walks of life and when you try and see through what some may call evil or sinful I often see a goodness there that hasn’t had the opportunity others may have had to be seen, it seems to me that the way life has become divide us in so many different ways, one things that makes this forum such a great place is the way we come together because of a love or addiction of oud hence the name Ouddict! I am concerned this topics has the potential to cause division as many people devote there life to whatever beliefs One might have, I cannot deny at the same time I am divided myself as these discussions are also important to have. I hope we can respect each other and keep love and peace in the centre of the conversation! (I am not naturally skilled in putting thoughts into written words so please forgive me if I have not made sense or come across in any bad or hurtful way, that is not my intention)
Actually an Ancient Greek philosopher debunked all abrahamic religions before they even existed. Check the photo in this post@language scent No I dont take offence because I believe you dont have the knowledge neccesary to say that as an insult towards my religion. Rather I take it more as a statement made from lack of knowledge on Islam. Think of a blind man telling me my jacket is ugly. Sorry if this sounds rude or harsh Im trying to word it politely as possible I promise ahaha. Let me explain. All religions are not the same. Thats the first mistake I see you make my friend, so lets start from there. Some religions can straight away be eliminated because they are non-sensical. Some of them dont make sense. For example:
Christianity:
The holy trinity states that there are 3 co equal, co existing beings who are all 1 god. Yet 3 doesnt equal 1. God is all knowing, this is known by neccesity.
But Jesus did not know the hour:
'But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only' Mathew 24:36
Therefore Jesus cannot be god (logically speaking) because he was not all knowing.
Likewise, there are many contradictions (numerical and otherwise) in the bible which prove it cant be from god.
Likewise, it does not befit gods nature to be born from a womans private parts and be a toddler depending on breast milk. This is a logical and rational conclusion which the person of sound intellect would utilise to eliminate christianty from being the true religion.
Note islamic teaching states the Jesus (peace be upon him) was a mighty prophet of god.
Likewise, Judaism cannot be the true religion. Because it is only for the people of Israel according the jewish scripture. Therefore that is a tribal god. Not the god of all mankind.
Likewise paganism cannot be a true religion. Because there cannot be 2 or more co-equal, all-powerful beings. As the one true god states in the quran as a logical argument:
مَا ٱتَّخَذَ ٱللَّهُ مِن وَلَدٍۢ وَمَا كَانَ مَعَهُۥ مِنْ إِلَـٰهٍ ۚ إِذًۭا لَّذَهَبَ كُلُّ إِلَـٰهٍۭ بِمَا خَلَقَ وَلَعَلَا بَعْضُهُمْ عَلَىٰ بَعْضٍۢ ۚ سُبْحَـٰنَ ٱللَّهِ عَمَّا يَصِفُونَ ٩١
No son (or offspring) did Allâh beget, nor is there any ilâh (god) along with Him. (If there had been many gods), then each god would have taken away what he had created, and some would have tried to overcome others! Glorified be Allâh above all that they attribute to Him!
Appreciate the beatiful logical coherence.
If we affirm 2 creators or more for the universe, each creator would have wished to hold on to what he has created & reserved that for himself alone, as is the practise of kings who would never allow anyone to share with them. This is from the nature of god being all-powerful, self-sufficient and soverign.
When he is alone in its ownership he would wish for another thing, that is that the authority belongs to him alone. So when he desires the authority either:
they are unable to overcome each other (in which case the lordship ceases and both of them are unworthy of being god)
one overcomes the other, in which case his lordship is established and that is the one true god.
So the first point to summarise, is that all religions are not the same. There can only be one true religion, as there cannot exist 2 (or more things) which contradict yet are all individually true (things being religions in this case).
Note:
Logically speaking this is known as the law of contradiction.
Therefore, you should accept that these other religions cannot be true if you are sincere and of sound intellect, considering the logical proofs I've mentioned. If you do this, then we can continue this discourse otherwise we are stuck at step 0 ahaha.
If you differ, then as it states in the quran we say:
هَاتُوا۟ بُرْهَـٰنَكُمْ إِن كُنتُمْ صَـٰدِقِينَ
Produce your proof if you are truthful
I have certainly produced my proofs by way of logical reasoning.
Thanks for reading,
Abu Junaid
It is not a waste of time. It is not about changing peoples ideas and beliefs, it is about sharpening one’s own logic based on their beliefs. Now if the other persons logic puts you at hold and subconsciously you know they are right then that is a problem lol this is where people get angry and claim you are insulting themyou guys need to start a comparative mythology / religion forum or something.
I'm not complaining it's just amusing with some pretty interesting comments all around. It's been hard to resist jumping in. There's no point arguing with somebody about their religion though... talk about a waste of time
You have to understand that these religious institutions that have been thriving by harnessing weaknesses of the masses is an art, a psychology study of predictability and their key of survival is to breed division so that unity never happens. It is all about division and changing the other guy, all form of brainwash based on blood and mind control/threats. It was never something all nice and happy. The followers just ignore everything bad and focus on the good because heaven and hell is the absolute perfect psychological tool. The Greek philosopher Epicurus completely demolished the monotheism excuse with his extreme moral and logic. Check the pictureIt surprises me you call someone who believes in God through Christianity less intelligent I certainly think this is an unhelpful view as they take there teachings from a book which they believe to be the word of God, if You where to want to teach someone who is a Christian why the Muslim religion is correct you would have pushed him away straight away with that kind of wording which in a way is not the most intelligent approach. One similarity I have noticed from true believers of the Muslim “FAITH” and true believers of the Christian “FAITH” is there love for humanity and there deep desire for everyone to know the Love of God and for there souls to be saved. There are many things That for me come into question when you read either book from a non religious point of view but I certainly love every living thing whether it be humans or whether it be animals or plants. I believe the most important thing is to love And to always have an open mind so we never stop learning. So much information is destroyed, censored and kept from us, for someone who loves to-try and learn the truth about things I feel it is important to question why this is? when-viewing the way the world is today I can’t help but wonder whether religion is a great tool to keep us distracted from the real evils at work. And to be honest if I was given great privileges whether it be heaven or what ever belief it is for the afterlife the thought of not doing anything to help the souls who according to what ever religion it may be where for eg. Lost into eternal damnation feels me with sadness, I could not sit there and do nothing to help them and I do not believe any god who is all good and love would be able to either. I have had the privilege to gain a lot of different experiences and meet all sorts of people from different walks of life and when you try and see through what some may call evil or sinful I often see a goodness there that hasn’t had the opportunity others may have had to be seen, it seems to me that the way life has become divide us in so many different ways, one things that makes this forum such a great place is the way we come together because of a love or addiction of oud hence the name Ouddict! I am concerned this topics has the potential to cause division as many people devote there life to whatever beliefs One might have, I cannot deny at the same time I am divided myself as these discussions are also important to have. I hope we can respect each other and keep love and peace in the centre of the conversation! (I am not naturally skilled in putting thoughts into written words so please forgive me if I have not made sense or come across in any bad or hurtful way, that is not my intention)
I disagree. Unless you think people do not have a shred of moral and will just fight with one another about who’s god is the real one? 😂(like they have been doing since the dawn of this shit)I respectfully disagree with your statement, and I don't want to turn this into a religious discussion but that sounds very close minded and a lot like the rhetoric you might hear from some Christian or Jew regarding other religions.
Religious discussions don't really belong in a group for Agarwood appreciation. Let's agree to end this right here right now as it will serve no good to continue
Actually an Ancient Greek philosopher debunked all abrahamic religions before they even existed. Check the photo in this post
The fear of being rejected by satanic ideals in the abrahamic religions make people blind and afraid to question their god. They just have been bated with eternal heaven so it is easy to side with the reward blindly.
The blind man ability is a great example actually and all abrahamic religions blind people with threats and rewards.
The funny thing is you claim you will not accept insults against your god and then go and tell everyone else that their god is fake and insult them by claiming that your god is the one and only true god he se their god is the fake one…now that, my brother is hilarious!!!!
Put it this way, Judaism came before Islam, as far as history and data reveals and what I find shocking is that Adam and Eve story. No Muslim brother of mines wants to talk about the Jewish product “Adam and eve” why is this product in Islam is Islam is not a biproduct of Judaism???
If Islam was not a biproduct it would be a completely different story…but it’s not! This is because the abrahamic religions were the new world order of the ancient times! The perfect mind control of consent to the kings.
Brother you talk about logic but your logic is based on pure imagination.
You speak moral and logic?? Why does your god allow all the war? Does he not know the outcome? Does he not know who the bad ones will be? When he made the rules and created everything didn’t he realize that he is condemning his own creation? For example I claim to have created free will….then I say hmm good idea let me create some bad people who will destroy the free will of the innocent so I can have some suspense and judge these specific bad people because I like to torture innocence and then reward innocence after. That makes absolutely no sense, but to a blind man who is oppressed and needs a savior and a hero it makes perfect sense.
Hopefully social services got involved!!! That's downright abuse. 😡back in the day some idiot caught his daughter who was 13 smoking a cigarette, he fed it to her...poor girl was rushed to the hospital to get her stomach flushed. almost killed her. she continued smoking after that. her name was natasha. she was 15 and had a baby later
"you said: If you know your brother was a thief and he would go out and steal tomorrow would it be fair to lock him up before he stole anything? Remember that he would be confused as to why you locked him up because he didnt know he was going to steal something himself when you locked him up?" this is a braindead question please forgive me but when there is a lack of moral all you see is condemnation and never cure. see it never passed your mind to ask if i would heal his need to want to steal instead you talk about jail because the indocrination you have been installed in you is based on fear and pain etc...Well you've said a whole bunch of stuff my man. I will refute each one by one.
1: 'ancient greek philosphy debunked all religions before theye exist.
According to the photo in the post, god would want to remove all evil. Why does evil exist? If god wanted to test us since he is all-knowing he could have done so without creating us and the evil.
1.Firstly this is an emotional argument not a rational argument.
2.Also this argument is based on lack of understanding of why god created this creation.
emotional argument its not an objective argument.
"If god is all knowing he would know the outcome already." - True.
This is a false argument based on lack of knowledge of gods attributes. You see god is all-knowing. True. But god is also all-merciful. And all-just (the most fair and just in judgement). And it is from his mercy that he created us in first place, to let us work our deeds good or bad, rather then just put us in hell or heaven straight away based on his perfect knowledge.
If you know your brother was a thief and he would go out and steal tomorrow would it be fair to lock him up before he stole anything? Remember that he would be confused as to why you locked him up because he didnt know he was going to steal something himself when you locked him up? The fair man would say no because no doubt this would cause a lot of anguish and grief and negative emotions on the thiefs behalf, despite the fact that he would have stolen anyways. So theirs that debunked.
'The fear of being rejected by satanic ideals in the abrahamic religions make people blind and afraid to question their god. They just have been bated with eternal heaven so it is easy to side with the reward blindly.'
Nope Islam encourages one to ask questions. Questioning god is outside the scope of that because god is known by necessity. Anyways, debating to seek the truth is praiseworthy. Only thing is all the answers are in line with the natural disposition and make sense so theirs no need to change religions.
Since you are an atheist why dont we talk about the existance of god in first place?
"The blind man ability is a great example actually and all abrahamic religions blind people with threats and rewards.
'The funny thing is you claim you will not accept insults against your god and then go and tell everyone else that their god is fake and insult them by claiming that your god is the one and only true god he se their god is the fake one…now that, my brother is hilarious!!!!'"
Rather I provided logical proofs and rational proofs for my religion. If you have any logical proofs against my religion then please state them as you have done, so I can refute them. But no insults please see the difference ahaha.
Acheivement unlocked: jews and christians in the forum despise you ahaha just kidding
"Put it this way, Judaism came before Islam, as far as history and data reveals and what I find shocking is that Adam and Eve story. No Muslim brother of mines wants to talk about the Jewish product “Adam and eve” why is this product in Islam is Islam is not a biproduct of Judaism???
If Islam was not a biproduct it would be a completely different story…but it’s not!"
This is a false equivocation. If x holds then y cant hold. According to who? Just because you find mention of the same Adam and Eve in islam that means it is a byproduct? According to who? Thats not a logical statement to make. I can find mention of the same 'god doesnt exist' in the words of Vladimir Lenin who killed more then 5 million. Does this mean you are a byproduct of him? Or that your idea is a byproduct of his? Of course not. So theirs that debunked.
"You speak moral and logic?? Why does your god allow all the war? Does he not know the outcome? Does he not know who the bad ones will be? When he made the rules and created everything didn’t he realize that he is condemning his own creation? For example I claim to have created free will….then I say hmm good idea let me create some bad people who will destroy the free will of the innocent so I can have some suspense and judge these specific bad people because I like to torture innocence and then reward innocence after. That makes absolutely no sense, but to a blind man who is oppressed and needs a savior and a hero it makes perfect sense."
The first half of this has already been debunked more or less. God allows all to test us and as previously stated it is from him mercy to give us a chance and test us rather then act on the outcome and place us in our destinations already.
I will add:
God created everything. God does what he wills with his perfect knowledge and attributes. God creating you was a mercy to yourself. 50 years ago (I assume as you sound young ahaha) you where not even a thing worth mentioning. You where literally non existant. Now you are here with the sight and smell and touch and hearing. You cannot even ennumerate the blessings you have by virtue of god.
"Brother you talk about logic but your logic is based on pure imagination."
No my logic is based on certainty without doubt.
As he states in the quaran:
أَمْ خُلِقُوا۟ مِنْ غَيْرِ شَىْءٍ أَمْ هُمُ ٱلْخَـٰلِقُونَ
Were they created by nothing? Or were they themselves the creators?
there is no 4th option. If you think there is do tell.
Hello bro, when did I bring you in? Bad memory lol 😆.Thank you Renton for the kind invitation LOL. Well I read a argument between a weed advocate (better title -edit) and a muslim. As a muslim I wanna clarify and mention some affairs pertaining to this heated conversation. Because I would not like for my religion to be misrepresented or misunderstood.
First: we can indeed speak about something we have not tried. You have not thrown yourself off a cliff but you can certainly speak about why prohibiting it is a good idea. This is not speaking 'down' but rather speaking the reality. Since we beleive in god we beleive in objective reality, which may or may not coincide with the perceived reality. Now to prove that god is indeed the one who sent islam down is outside the scope of this. Luckily, Islam also coincides with logicality and rationality so we will have to make do with the sense of rationality that we each (hopefully ahaha) have.
To cut to the chase:
Islam came to preserve 5 things:
Religion - specifically worshipping the one true god alone without partners or associates to him. Hence paganism is prohibited.
Honour - hence slandering backbiting lying and fornicating is prohibited
Lineage - hence fornication is prohibited. fornication = kid w/out dad/mum = unknown lineage & disgrace Wealth - hence gambling & interest is prohibited. interest = rich get richer poor get poorer. gambling = money loss
Intellect - hence drugs are prohibited. drug use = cognitive impairment = loss of intellect
also drug use = loss of productivity = lack of labour/workforce. (Get high and wanna relax and eat pizza not work)
Now note:
These are generalities as islam is a religion for the masses not for the few. Generally drugs cause cognitive impairment. Perhaps a few individuals dont experiance this. Generally drug use causes loss of productivity. Most jobs are not creative in nature. Sure one guy might be an artist though. Doesnt matter. For the masses. not the few.
Islam betters society by getting rid of these vices. These are objective facts. Its better to have a society with 0 drugs then to have a society with drugs.
Now to appeal to the logic/rationality that god gave us:
A person take drugs? what are the implications of this (for a logical rational man?).
Well this person prefers not to be tehmselves / be in their normal state of mind. This is a logical extension of the fact that you want to alter your mind by taking drugs in the first place.
Fixing the root cause of that is what islam does whereas taking drugs is akin to a man who is bloodied and brusied donning his best suit and tie and gloves and mask rather then heal himself in first place.
This is meant to clarify not cause offence so read this knowing it is the traditional view of islam according to the Quran, Sunnah (prophetic tradition) and methodology/understanding of the companions of the noble prophet (صَلَّى اللّٰهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ). I am open to discourse regarding this post, and any questions one may have. I am not open to receiving insults about my religion or prophet (صَلَّى اللّٰهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ).
Thanks for reading,
Abu Junaid