Sandal Uno- Habzoud

Starts off very smooth and creamy, but I wouldn't describe it as buttery. The creaminess is far more airy and fluffy, it is how I imagine whipped cream would smell without sugar. There is a saltiness that comes over very briny. Over time I'm getting some light flower petals and an interesting pollen note. The scent is very light, delicate, and creates a soft aura, Very enjoyable wearing. I don't think I'll be layering this with anything else, this oil is more suited to being worn neat. Some rose or jasmine oil would be too strong and this doesn't have the oomph to cut through.
 
What a beautiful day for some Kangiiten! Santal Royale and Santal Reverie
[Ouddict.com] Sandalwood oil of the day
 
Santal Royale and Santal Reverie. The Santal Royale perfume is 40% essential oil from 4 different areas of India. The last bottle I had smelled amazing. It had literally every spectrum of smell that Sandalwood could have. The Santal Reverie is hydrodistilled. It starts out with an awesome bright note then settles down into a milky buttery scent..great projection with this one...and ends on a spicy woody note.View attachment 49600
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Sandalwood oil of the day
    IMG_20250822_141601487~2.webp
    100.1 KB · Views: 65
Santal and Oud - Sandalwood oil (sample)

This is a clear sandalwood that smells creamy, nutty, woody, and clean. It smells so much like a Mysore SW but It’s not. It hails from East Nusa Tenggara province in Indonesia. The Alpha Santalol level is higher than Indian Mysore as per GC and GCMS tests sent to me by the purveyor. I’m definitely getting a full bottle next time around.
 
Santal and Oud - Sandalwood oil (sample)

This is a clear sandalwood that smells creamy, nutty, woody, and clean. It smells so much like a Mysore SW but It’s not. It hails from East Nusa Tenggara province in Indonesia. The Alpha Santalol level is higher than Indian Mysore as per GC and GCMS tests sent to me by the purveyor. I’m definitely getting a full bottle next time around.
ISn't it great when you find something that exceeds your expectations!
 
ISn't it great when you find something that exceeds your expectations!
Absolutely. We have the lionized status of certain sandalwoods being dethroned. I really thought it was Mysore minus the golden color. But it has other nuances not present in the Mysore. Mysore has this perfume scent that this one lacks. But this one has used the lack of it as its advantage. Focusing on the clean aspect. Beautiful.
 
Santal and Oud - Sandalwood oil (sample)

This is a clear sandalwood that smells creamy, nutty, woody, and clean. It smells so much like a Mysore SW but It’s not. It hails from East Nusa Tenggara province in Indonesia. The Alpha Santalol level is higher than Indian Mysore as per GC and GCMS tests sent to me by the purveyor. I’m definitely getting a full bottle next time around.
It's wonderful isn't it? I haven't tried that specific distillation but in the hands of a master, like our brother mesOud, for me personally it scratches most of the SW itch. They're the same species there, which I know isn't accounting for much, but I believe they've got forests which aren't quite as tapped as those in India. With the exception of the Ceylon variety which I also enjoy a fare bit.

Edit: I completely forgot to mention the grade of SW that's available there! They still seem to have old growth stuff at a fairly affordable rate, something that's been relegated to collectors for the Mysore woods.
 
Last edited:
It's wonderful isn't it? I haven't tried that specific distillation but in the hands of a master, like our brother mesOud, for me personally it scratches most of the SW itch. They're the same species there, which I know isn't accounting for much, but I believe they've got forests which aren't quite as tapped as those in India. With the exception of the Ceylon variety which I also enjoy a fare bit.

It's wonderful isn't it? I haven't tried that specific distillation but in the hands of a master, like our brother mesOud, for me personally it scratches most of the SW itch. They're the same species there, which I know isn't accounting for much, but I believe they've got forests which aren't quite as tapped as those in India. With the exception of the Ceylon variety which I also enjoy a fare bit.

Edit: I completely forgot to mention the grade of SW that's available there! They still seem to have old growth stuff at a fairly affordable rate, something that's been relegated to collectors for the Mysore woods.
The ntt oil @mesOUD distilled (I smelled v.1) was truly excellent. It had a sort of universal profile - my guess is it could've been passed off for Tamil Nadu or Karnataka oil to many without any questions. Beautiful classic well developed distillation of album heartwood.
 
1995 Vintage Mysore - Yusa

Someone asked for a view on this oil. It has a nice, creamy straw profile lifted with just a slight hint of citrus and a delicate floral impression. No harsh sapwood notes, animalic notes or intense citrus. This is not one that shouts loudy; it speaks in hushed tones.

Most of the amount that is missing from this bottle was added to my Siberian musk maceration. The more I swipe this oil, the more I become convinced that it is not actually a ‘swiper’. It’s best kept for blending and maceration, at least in my very humble opinion.

IMG_1199.jpeg
 
1995 Vintage Mysore - Yusa

Someone asked for a view on this oil. It has a nice, creamy straw profile lifted with just a slight hint of citrus and a delicate floral impression. No harsh sapwood notes, animalic notes or intense citrus. This is not one that shouts loudy; it speaks in hushed tones.

Most of the amount that is missing from this bottle was added to my Siberian musk maceration. The more I swipe this oil, the more I become convinced that it is not actually a ‘swiper’. It’s best kept for blending and maceration, at least in my very humble opinion.

View attachment 49645
sounds like a winner for blending!
 
@AlHind Oud - Bilquis 2 - Butter-y Mysore co-distilled with White CK, iirc. The scent I'm getting is a most wonderful combination of sandalwood notes (in AHO's style which if you've smelled his Mysuru you'll know) and Green CK, but not an oil distilled from it, which I have a couple of, but the scent of smelling the chips in a jar! And it's balanced in such a way as would never be possible in a blend, an expansive sort of scent even having applied very little! I think the opening highlights the White CK the strongest, you'll get almost now Sandalwood here, but as it dries down each of them comes into and out of the picture. At times you can see the hints of White CK highlighting and elevating notes in the Sandalwood, sometimes the Sandalwood completely overtakes. It's a lot more energetic than a normal Sandalwood oil, noticeable a lot more in the mid, where you'll get a brighter, almost faintly green sweetness, which reminds me of the opaque smoke of Hojari on charcoal, a rare scent to encounter in liquid form! There's a sweet woodiness here, completely different to what we're used to in Agarwood oils, not like the honey sweetness, it's moderated and the White CK perfectly compliments the Mysuru mid. It's really hard to describe what I'm getting, sweet green forestry mint which is so delicate and on a sniff, it's the thing furthest in the back (of the sniff) you'll notice, yet I find myself drawn to it!
 
Jet engine sandalwood. I feel like the air must vibrate in a five foot radius every time I put any of those NTT’s on
Hopefully soon i will distill a big batch of it
But this will be my last sandalwood distillation,i will not distill sandalwood anymore
And for being best ,i will try my best
 
Hopefully soon i will distill a big batch of it
But this will be my last sandalwood distillation,i will not distill sandalwood anymore
And for being best ,i will try my best
NOooo… please don’t stop. I still have the last bit of your mysore saved as well as NTT. I can’t afford any of the new ouds but I keep hoping for another sandalwood that reflects all of the continuing refinement from the oud distillations.
 
Back
Top