What I think is rather odd about TEONE, is that a request for a few recommendations got me blocked on instagram.
Maybe you mean Facebook? I was looking for an Instagram for her and the only one that I found was just a placeholder with no content.
 

Maybe I wasn't blocked?🙂
I don't know! I get "user not found" when I follow that link though. did she have an active profile at one point? Maybe she just got tired of Instagram in general
 
What I think is rather odd about TEONE, is that a request for a few recommendations got me blocked on instagram.
That part is true. I have rarely received responses for my emails, insta messages etc. There was one point in time when I think I was blocked on Instagram because I couldn’t “follow” her. I am not a fan of her as businesswoman. In fact, sometimes it makes it REALLY difficult for me to get any information from her. But, in contrast, I very much love her creations. So I ask myself, what do I want? I want her perfumes? Yes, so I “have to” surpass the hurdle of the poor communication from her side to get to the end goal of owning and enjoying her perfumes. Last month I had to send her a request via email to allow shipping to US because the website didn’t allow it. That was super strange. But she is an artist first, and artists sometimes can be a bit eccentric. *sigh*
 
It's times like this that you realize you have a problem... and it's not even the half of it. But I just got in a big shipment from @RisingPhoenix and needed to try and reorganize. Lots of oud, perfume supplies, and some absolutely insanely generous freebies/samples

My 4 year old walked in and said "Woah! That's a lot of stuff on your desk!" Then immediately went "What's that smell!?!" and ran out of the room 😅
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] The Anticipation Thread - Share Your 'inbound's!
    1000028642.webp
    139.2 KB · Views: 105
All the camphor in various forms that I've been buying are to make more loose incense inspired by SANDALWOOD DRAGON.. It's basically camphor, myrrh, and sandalwood, Himalayan Grasses, and a touch of Dragons blood. I recommended trying if you can find a good blend of it. Olfactory Rescue wrote about Mermade Magickal Arts version of Sandalwood Dragon saying "I really like the way the ingredients compliment and accent the more crystalline elements of sandalwood."

It has a very high pitch to it.. hard to describe.
 
After sampling SP last year.
I had shortlisted the following attars and finally placed an order last week. Eagerly awaiting their delivery:

1) Juriah
2) Juriah Prive
3) Shirin Chai
4) Milfleur
5) Faghia
For some reason his attars are ballistic in performance and I don't like that much of loudness. They are consistently loud not just at the opening. I think he should tone down the loudness a bit otherwise attars smell good. He has his own signature. The attars mostly smell like back home. India, Bangladesh etc. Very incensy.
 
Oops (I posted something irrelevant here that I deleted)
 
Last edited:
For some reason his attars are ballistic in performance and I don't like that much of loudness. They are consistently loud not just at the opening. I think he should tone down the loudness a bit otherwise attars smell good. He has his own signature. The attars mostly smell like back home. India, Bangladesh etc. Very incensy.
I am not commenting on the SP attars which I have not experienced but just the concept of loudness in perfume in general. "Loudness" as a desirable characteristic has me a little bit stressed as a hopeful perfume maker, to be honest. Feel a little funny talking about it because I would not want to be taking a dig at somebody else's style, which may well be appreciated by many or possibly the majority of people.

For me, the loud perfumes are to be approached with protective gear and tongs, lightly sprayed on a piece of paper out of doors, well away from open doors or windows, and sniffed from a safe distance so as not to blow out the entire olfactory system etc. lol

So I accept that loud perfume is valued and has its application, and making it requires skill, AND I wonder to what degree there's an appreciation for things that are more naturalistic and close lying?
 
For some reason his attars are ballistic in performance and I don't like that much of loudness. They are consistently loud not just at the opening. I think he should tone down the loudness a bit otherwise attars smell good. He has his own signature. The attars mostly smell like back home. India, Bangladesh etc. Very incensy.
Sultan Pasha's are infamous for being loud. I got some a couple months ago, while I've been having my sinus problems. I can barely smell them 😁
 
I am not commenting on the SP attars which I have not experienced but just the concept of loudness in perfume in general. "Loudness" as a desirable characteristic has me a little bit stressed as a hopeful perfume maker, to be honest. Feel a little funny talking about it because I would not want to be taking a dig at somebody else's style, which may well be appreciated by many or possibly the majority of people.

For me, the loud perfumes are to be approached with protective gear and tongs, lightly sprayed on a piece of paper out of doors, well away from open doors or windows, and sniffed from a safe distance so as not to blow out the entire olfactory system etc. lol

So I accept that loud perfume is valued and has its application, and making it requires skill, AND I wonder to what degree there's an appreciation for things that are more naturalistic and close lying?
I do like the dense, thick, sunken, deep brooding quality in attars/perfumes but I also believe there is a time and a place for it. I find myself attracted to the transparent, aquatic perfumes too but wearing it in a proper season, time of the day matters. Eg. I absolutely love Prin's styles of blending but there are a few that just make me revolt due to how in-my-face they are. So, it also depends on the recipe. Some recipes as a loud perfume work well for me while others don't.
 
I do like the dense, thick, sunken, deep brooding quality in attars/perfumes but I also believe there is a time and a place for it. I find myself attracted to the transparent, aquatic perfumes too but wearing it in a proper season, time of the day matters. Eg. I absolutely love Prin's styles of blending but there are a few that just make me revolt due to how in-my-face they are. So, it also depends on the recipe. Some recipes as a loud perfume work well for me while others don't.
Dense, thick, sunken, deep, brooding you say?? 😍
 
Big-ish batch of loss bar sandalwod shavings oil from @Margon should be arriving today along with a bottle of the @AlHind Oud Mysore Special. Can't wait - i've been wanting to get a good look at the Mysore special. The oil from Margon I know well because I've been wearing that stuff practically daily lol.
 
Last edited:
Top