Al Hind Oud - Vintage Khus

My first Al Hind order!!
I wish it were for Santalea or the new Hindi oud he just posted on here or actually about ten other things. But I’m newly obsessed with vetiver and even though it’s crazy for me financially to even buy this right now, as we all know though this site isn’t named Ouddict for no reason. Can’t wait for this oil to arrive and ease me through the summer. 🌱🌿☘️🍀
 
Al Hind Oud - Vintage Khus

My first Al Hind order!!
I wish it were for Santalea or the new Hindi oud he just posted on here or actually about ten other things. But I’m newly obsessed with vetiver and even though it’s crazy for me financially to even buy this right now, as we all know though this site isn’t named Ouddict for no reason. Can’t wait for this oil to arrive and ease me through the summer. 🌱🌿☘️🍀
Wonderful to hear, we have new Vetiver-ddict in our midst :Laugh: I'm currently wearing a couple of fat swipes of An Najwa's Ruh Khus 2023 with a couple swipes of an Ispartan Rose (think any green rose would work) and it's just straight up heavenly in this heat!
 
Wonderful to hear, we have new Vetiver-ddict in our midst :Laugh: I'm currently wearing a couple of fat swipes of An Najwa's Ruh Khus 2023 with a couple swipes of an Ispartan Rose (think any green rose would work) and it's just straight up heavenly in this heat!I
You must be psychic.
Wonderful to hear, we have new Vetiver-ddict in our midst :Laugh: I'm currently wearing a couple of fat swipes of An Najwa's Ruh Khus 2023 with a couple swipes of an Ispartan Rose (think any green rose would work) and it's just straight up heavenly in this heat!
you must be psychic
 
I just bought a few naturals: EOs and Abs. Oud Assafi, boronia abs, orange blossom abs, and atlas cedar EO. YIKES! I'm working on a new scent. What I need is good-quality sandalwood. I reached out to my guy yesterday and am waiting to hear back from him.

Hope everyone is having a good night and/or day!

Joe
You're spoilt for choice with very good sandalwoods on this forum. Habzoud has literally just released one. Alhindoud's latest is also spectacular. Otherwise I would recommend Al Shareef for his Mysore as well.
 
You're spoilt for choice with very good sandalwoods on this forum. Habzoud has literally just released one. Alhindoud's latest is also spectacular. Otherwise I would recommend Al Shareef for his Mysore as well.
Hey @Olfactory Nomad . Nice, thank you. I have noticed that. But I need like 200mls (at least 120mls) soon, now that I'm switching from alcohol-based perfumes to oil-based attars. I have some sandals that have been aging since 2017-18, and a few older than that. But I'm going to use up 18mls this weekend alone.
 
Right ok..in that case I would recommend either New Directions 100 ml Sandalwood (Santalum album) Essential Oil - New Directions Australia https://share.google/BjSHsihmQSKn5AKvh
or New Mountain if you don't already have something in mind. Both are based in Australia so for you the conversion makes it very cheap and they do the volumes you're looking for. Santalum album I Sandalwood Essential Oil – New Mountain Merchants https://share.google/lb8pUTygWXwZmp55C
 
Right ok..in that case I would recommend either New Directions 100 ml Sandalwood (Santalum album) Essential Oil - New Directions Australia https://share.google/BjSHsihmQSKn5AKvh
or New Mountain if you don't already have something in mind. Both are based in Australia so for you the conversion makes it very cheap and they do the volumes you're looking for. Santalum album I Sandalwood Essential Oil – New Mountain Merchants https://share.google/lb8pUTygWXwZmp55C
I just checked out these websites. Have you tried their sandal album? Which do u like the best? Thinking of buying 500ml.
 
Khao Yai [130 year old tree] (wild black Oud) - Oud Laddawan
Trat Combodia 2015 [120 year old tree] - Oud Laddawan
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] The Anticipation Thread - Share Your 'inbound's!
    B66BA891-2B5A-4B43-A3C9-8119D3E521BB.webp
    56.1 KB · Views: 78
I just checked out these websites. Have you tried their sandal album? Which do u like the best? Thinking of buying 500ml.
I have bought a bunch of oils from New Directions years ago but nothing recently. I had an Australian sandalwood in that lot and I remember it being pretty good but obviously many, many batches ago. I have not tried the Indian. New Mountain harvest their own trees, both Australian and Indian. The premium Australian sandalwood oil is outstanding imo. I'd highly recommend if you ever want to try the best in Australian sandalwood, give that a go. I think one or two people here have also tried their Indian but didn't rate it particularly high. Important to note that these oils are made for the perfume industry in bulk so they won't have all nuances of the artisanal batches but I think for what you're looking for they would do the trick.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Joe
I have bought a bunch of oils from New Directions years ago but nothing recently. I had an Australian sandalwood in that lot and I remember it being pretty good but obviously many, many batches ago. I have not tried the Indian. New Mountain harvest their own trees, both Australian and Indian. The premium Australian sandalwood oil is outstanding imo. I'd highly recommend if you ever want to try the best in Australian sandalwood, give that a go. I think one or two people here have also tried their Indian but didn't rate it particularly high. Important to note that these oils are made for the perfume industry in bulk so they won't have all nuances of the artisanal batches but I think for what you're looking for they would do the trick.
Nice, THANK YOU VERY MUCH! I didn't think of checking with New Directions. I have some of their oils, but never tried their mysore.

Trust me, I wish I could get the artisanal oils in the amount I need, but it would be impossible. I think I'll try the high-grade spicatum from New Mountain. Spicatum has its uses, but I'm looking at the album species; it's that creaminess I'm after. We'll see!

Joe
 
I'm still waiting for my Edward Rose. I got a package from the vendor, and they sent the wrong rose species absolute. They're sending the Edward via Priority USPS, so I should get it Saturday. Happily, they're letting me keep the rose absolute they sent me by accident! I can always use free oils!
 
Top