Olfactory Nomad
Smells so Oud
With a little bit of looking I've secured a 48g tube of Phuoc Son red soil pressed incense clouds from Alex at TasFragrance. Dude is a legend. Not cheap so I'll only be burning these on special occasions.
Congrats man! In honor of this, I'll be revisiting some of my beloved Fusen Red Soil sticks sometime today!With a little bit of looking I've secured a 48g tube of Phuoc Son red soil pressed incense clouds from Alex at TasFragrance. Dude is a legend. Not cheap so I'll only be burning these on special occasions.
Every day you breathe is a special occasion.Congrats man! In honor of this, I'll be revisiting some of my beloved Fusen Red Soil sticks sometime today!
I have some costus root on the way from them!Bumping up my frankincense collection. So many types I'd never heard of before. Apothecary's Garden is really a one stop shop for resins. Top shelf quality and awesome customer service.View attachment 48585
If you're speaking of Eden Botanicals, their quality is, usually, superb. I'm sure you'll find the quality very fine. Have fun!Vetiver samples from Eden. Java, India, Haiti organic and doubled distilled (also Haitian).
I’m sure I’ve sampled all of these before but I’m curious to see how the farmed Indian compares to the really specific smell of wild khus.
I want that bakhoor too. Did you just get 3 grams, or more?Man, I need to slow down lol. Couldn't resist that SQ Bakhoor however from Oudique so got myself some. Also bought a sample of Kanbojia. I'm hoping to find something similar to Huian Ateeq because it's incredible.
I haven’t ordered from them in a while. They’re still my go to for the basics, especially for every day wear frankincense. I learned a lot when they still had the old web store. I used to pore through it reading descriptions and suggestions and the references at the end of listings. The old sample policy they had let me try dozens of materials. But I hate their terrible new website redesign so much that it pains me to do anything more a search for what I want and leave asap.If you're speaking of Eden Botanicals, their quality is, usually, superb. I'm sure you'll find the quality very fine. Have fun!
I agree, they were better under the management of Will Lapaz.... Who do I still get materials from?I haven’t ordered from them in a while. They’re still my go to for the basics, especially for every day wear frankincense. I learned a lot when they still had the old web store. I used to pore through it reading descriptions and suggestions and the references at the end of listings. The old sample policy they had let me try dozens of materials. But I hate their terrible new website redesign so much that it pains me to do anything more a search for what I want and leave asap.
Just 3g for now. I'm not a huge fan of florals so I'm hoping this will lean a bit more towards the woody/resinous scent. I have zero experience with Bakhoor so i may or may not like it. Sounds incredible though. I once had a sample of a very high grade Bakhoor from ASO but was too new to the game at the time to understand it. My initial reaction was it was too perfume like but my nose has matured since then and unfortunately I no longer have that sample to revisit.I want that bakhoor too. Did you just get 3 grams, or more?
I know what you mean, but it takes a lot of time to train the nose to discern complexities.Just 3g for now. I'm not a huge fan of florals so I'm hoping this will lean a bit more towards the woody/resinous scent. I have zero experience with Bakhoor so i may or may not like it. Sounds incredible though. I once had a sample of a very high grade Bakhoor from ASO but was too new to the game at the time to understand it. My initial reaction was it was too perfume like but my nose has matured since then and unfortunately I no longer have that sample to revisit.
The farmed Indian is quite different - not at all like the wild khus. To me, a relatively uninteresting oil.Vetiver samples from Eden. Java, India, Haiti organic and doubled distilled (also Haitian).
I’m sure I’ve sampled all of these before but I’m curious to see how the farmed Indian compares to the really specific smell of wild khus.
You know this reminds me, did you receive that box of Minorien's Kyara Ryugen or one of their other ones I seem to find that one quite perfume-y, it's not bad but it's a very interesting smoke it producesJust 3g for now. I'm not a huge fan of florals so I'm hoping this will lean a bit more towards the woody/resinous scent. I have zero experience with Bakhoor so i may or may not like it. Sounds incredible though. I once had a sample of a very high grade Bakhoor from ASO but was too new to the game at the time to understand it. My initial reaction was it was too perfume like but my nose has matured since then and unfortunately I no longer have that sample to revisit.
It's literally just arrived at the PO so I'll grab it later today.😁You know this reminds me, did you receive that box of Minorien's Kyara Ryugen or one of their other ones I seem to find that one quite perfume-y, it's not bad but it's a very interesting smoke it produces
What do you find best for its medicinal qualities? And which one gives a good burn. I have the one at the top but have seen bright green teardrops advertised somewhere else.Bumping up my frankincense collection. So many types I'd never heard of before. Apothecary's Garden is really a one stop shop for resins. Top shelf quality and awesome customer service.View attachment 48585