Inbound
1) 2.5g Mysore Sandalwood Oil from Jashan Fragrance (a perfumer friend) in India. This is a government factory grade oil intended for musk maceration.
2) 10 x 0.5g samples of Mukhallat blends from Jashan Fragrance.
3) 10 x 0.5g samples of Mukhallat blends from Pushpa Aromas (another perfumer friend based in India).
4) 5g Indian Sandalwood Oil from Oud Oil India (Rezwan), for civet maceration.
5) 2.5g Musk Oud Sandalwood Maceration from Oud Oil India (Rezwan).
6) 2.5g Burmese Oud Oil from Oud Oil India (Rezwan).
7) 5g Hindi Oud Oil from Oud Oil India (Rezwan), to be used for DIY blends and sprays.
8) 1g Prachin Oud Oil from Oud Oil India (Rezwan).
 
Inbound
1) 2.5g Mysore Sandalwood Oil from Jashan Fragrance (a perfumer friend) in India. This is a government factory grade oil intended for musk maceration.
2) 10 x 0.5g samples of Mukhallat blends from Jashan Fragrance.
3) 10 x 0.5g samples of Mukhallat blends from Pushpa Aromas (another perfumer friend based in India).
4) 5g Indian Sandalwood Oil from Oud Oil India (Rezwan), for civet maceration.
5) 2.5g Musk Oud Sandalwood Maceration from Oud Oil India (Rezwan).
6) 2.5g Burmese Oud Oil from Oud Oil India (Rezwan).
7) 5g Hindi Oud Oil from Oud Oil India (Rezwan), to be used for DIY blends and sprays.
8) 1g Prachin Oud Oil from Oud Oil India (Rezwan).
Nice list !
 
How do you feel about te product of this house in general? I've seen some short videos on their Instagram page.
Tall claims!!
This brand has had more controversy on this board than most others. Some people had better results than others, I would proceed with caution.
 
Costus root on the way from Apothecary's Garden. I hope I ordered enough - going to make some costus resinoid if possible. I ordered a couple hundred grams we should be enough for at least one load when ground up.

I haven't been able to find costus oil anywhere. I have a 2 mL bottle I got from white lotus that is actually amazing stuff, it's an incredible material that goes well beyond the "unwashed hair" scent that usually causes people to back off of it from smelling it closely.
 
Arrived in four days from Perth to Dublin. Pleasent surprise.
Salsabeel by @Al Shareef Oudh
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] The Anticipation Thread - Share Your 'inbound's!
    IMG_20250718_130335.webp
    36.9 KB · Views: 104
Got a nice little incense haul but have to wait til Monday to get the Minoran. Two boxes from Kangiiten and two sample sets of coils from an Etsy shop. The first set is for sandalwood and the second set is for agarwoods. One coil each which burn for 3.5hrs long they say. Wasn't expensive so I have no idea of the quality however just from the variety it seems the seller knows a thing or two about agarwood and sandalwood and they're beautifully packaged. Hopefully they pass the test.
[Ouddict.com] The Anticipation Thread - Share Your 'inbound's!
[Ouddict.com] The Anticipation Thread - Share Your 'inbound's!
[Ouddict.com] The Anticipation Thread - Share Your 'inbound's!
[Ouddict.com] The Anticipation Thread - Share Your 'inbound's!
[Ouddict.com] The Anticipation Thread - Share Your 'inbound's!
[Ouddict.com] The Anticipation Thread - Share Your 'inbound's!
[Ouddict.com] The Anticipation Thread - Share Your 'inbound's!
[Ouddict.com] The Anticipation Thread - Share Your 'inbound's!
[Ouddict.com] The Anticipation Thread - Share Your 'inbound's!
 
This root looks excellent - strong costus aroma and no "processed medicinal herb" scent that some herbs pick up when they go through the process of being sliced and preserved for traditional Chinese medicine.

This stuff is going to be a bear to grind up. The aroma is excellent - has the classic "human hair at the end of the day" aroma but it is well supported by sweet, rich violet like and musky aromas. It has a unique deep sweetness, very interesting stuff. As I mentioned, I can't find authentic costus oil anywhere - very much looking forward to having a bottle of the resinoid.
[Ouddict.com] The Anticipation Thread - Share Your 'inbound's!
[Ouddict.com] The Anticipation Thread - Share Your 'inbound's!
 
Got a nice little incense haul but have to wait til Monday to get the Minoran. Two boxes from Kangiiten and two sample sets of coils from an Etsy shop. The first set is for sandalwood and the second set is for agarwoods. One coil each which burn for 3.5hrs long they say. Wasn't expensive so I have no idea of the quality however just from the variety it seems the seller knows a thing or two about agarwood and sandalwood and they're beautifully packaged. Hopefully they pass the test.View attachment 48748View attachment 48749View attachment 48750View attachment 48751View attachment 48752View attachment 48753View attachment 48754View attachment 48755View attachment 48756
They look hopeful. Keeping my fingers crossed they're good for you!
 
You know this reminds me, did you receive that box of Minorien's Kyara Ryugen or one of their other ones I seem to find that one quite perfume-y, it's not bad but it's a very interesting smoke it produces
Burning this one now and you're correct, it is quite perfume-y. I do seem to also hear little sharper/clear kyara notes throughout that overall perfume. That's what's holding my interest. Generally with a perfume dominate incense I'll trash it but this isn't encouraging me to do that. This is a sample box set I got of all three incenses. Maybe five sticks in each box? Unsure if I would buy a bigger box of these ones..?
 
I have got samples of the nicest looking custom made glass bottles coming my way. Borosilicate glass, ground glass closures, and range of volumes (even a mini 1mL flacon for samples or rarities). I have been looking for mass-produced solutions but this would be so much nicer on a number of levels (including being built around good quality laboratory stoppers).
 
Burning this one now and you're correct, it is quite perfume-y. I do seem to also hear little sharper/clear kyara notes throughout that overall perfume. That's what's holding my interest. Generally with a perfume dominate incense I'll trash it but this isn't encouraging me to do that. This is a sample box set I got of all three incenses. Maybe five sticks in each box? Unsure if I would buy a bigger box of these ones..?
Hey guys. I actually shelled out for the Minorien's Kyara Ryugen. I like it quite a bit. Nippon Kisi also dips incense, some of it, in oils. I prefer the traditional way that Shoyeido practices bur dipped doesn’t bother me all that much.

Joey
 
Top