Thoughts? I’ll have mine Saturday
Cambodi is arguably my favorite style of Oud. With its iterations in Koh Kong, Pursat…etc

I buy many of my cambodis on the lower cost end of the spectrum. I wanted to turn it up a notch and do a mini splurge on this one. I fell for the marketing on this one too lol. The first email from them I was able to fend off my interest but the 2nd email from them got me.

I think I’m going to be pleasantly surprised. Hopefully.
 
Yes but... I went for the subitism instead ! As mentioned above, she sells it for 150$ (the last model)
can't go wrong with a good subitism. 🙂
 
Miki Lee burner is a solid two thumbs up.
$200 shipped. I added $50 for wood and got a TON…. Woah. Came with like 20 Mica circles, a spiderweb style thing for holding the metal bowl presumably… And a metal bowl

there’s still an external transformer (my only disappointment) but the dial is on the unit. I’m keeping the box it came in because it’s got little slots for everything for travel.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] The Anticipation Thread - Share Your 'inbound's!
    IMG_9732.webp
    60.4 KB · Views: 88
  • [Ouddict.com] The Anticipation Thread - Share Your 'inbound's!
    IMG_9731.webp
    152.5 KB · Views: 96
  • [Ouddict.com] The Anticipation Thread - Share Your 'inbound's!
    IMG_9736.webp
    123.8 KB · Views: 89
  • [Ouddict.com] The Anticipation Thread - Share Your 'inbound's!
    IMG_9737.webp
    137.7 KB · Views: 86
Miki Lee burner is a solid two thumbs up.
$200 shipped. I added $50 for wood and got a TON…. Woah.
I see you got the Spider-Man edition!

Jokes aside, that spiderweb like lattice is kind of interesting. Is this like a grill on which you place the mica sheet? Is the idea that it heats up and adds a little bit of conductive heating on top of the radiant heating from the heating element? I was told that the reason why mica plates on kodo sets have a silver border is because it helps evenly disperse the heat and creates a little source of heat around the perimeter of the mica sheet once the metal heats up
 
I see you got the Spider-Man edition!

Jokes aside, that spiderweb like lattice is kind of interesting. Is this like a grill on which you place the mica sheet? Is the idea that it heats up and adds a little bit of conductive heating on top of the radiant heating from the heating element?
I have no idea!!!! Normally I just put Mica sheets on top of the Mica!
 
Miki Lee burner is a solid two thumbs up.
$200 shipped. I added $50 for wood and got a TON…. Woah. Came with like 20 Mica circles, a spiderweb style thing for holding the metal bowl presumably… And a metal bowl

there’s still an external transformer (my only disappointment) but the dial is on the unit. I’m keeping the box it came in because it’s got little slots for everything for travel.

Wow ! I ordered mine yesterday, I should've done what you did to test his wood... Especially when you see the quantity! I'd be curious to get your feedback on the quality, by the way.

As for the spiderweb lid, I think it's an alternative to the standard aluminium tray or mica plates ; in this video, for example, you can see her placing the wood directly on top of it :


Btw, how long did it take to get your package ?
 
Wow ! I ordered mine yesterday, I should've done what you did to test his wood... Especially when you see the quantity! I'd be curious to get your feedback on the quality, by the way.

As for the spiderweb lid, I think it's an alternative to the standard aluminium tray or mica plates ; in this video, for example, you can see her placing the wood directly on top of it :


Btw, how long did it take to get your package ?
Thank you for that tip, I’m not sure on shipping because I was out of town for three weeks – – I don’t think I’m gonna take a trip that long again for years


glad to be home
 
Wow ! I ordered mine yesterday, I should've done what you did to test his wood... Especially when you see the quantity! I'd be curious to get your feedback on the quality, by the way.

As for the spiderweb lid, I think it's an alternative to the standard aluminium tray or mica plates ; in this video, for example, you can see her placing the wood directly on top of it :


Btw, how long did it take to get your package ?
On second view, I can almost certainly see there’s another circle of Mica on top of that hexagon (or for me spiderweb) grid… Without it, it seems like the resin would drip out of the wood down onto the Mica that you want to keep clean, the foundation level mica (??)

I will definitely report back on the woods. They look very thick with resin. Obviously, this is all cultivated.
 
A tola of Santaléa from Al Hind Oud!

🌈🤩 I have missed out on every other AHO sandalwood. Either I’ve not had the money when they’ve been available or I’ve forgotten and they’ve sold out before I could circle back. So excited!!

I got a sample of it with another order. All the notes I love are here. And I’ll have enough to swipe without fear of running out! As someone who wore a LOT of different sandalwoods in the Mid 1980’s this brings back memories of the truly primo santals that were circulating at the time. When vintage oils weren’t just old, but old from the days when big ancient trees were still being found and expertly, lovingly distilled. I can remember older vendors and oil dealers telling me about what they were selling me and not really getting it. Now I can appreciate what they were telling me.
 
I was told that the reason why mica plates on kodo sets have a silver border is because it helps evenly disperse the heat and creates a little source of heat around the perimeter of the mica sheet once the metal heats up

That comparaison makes sense, the two serve the same purpose : improving the heat distribution, avoiding "hot spots" (the silver borders absorb heat from the center, where it's the hottest).

The spiderweb structure has probably many advantages in that regard (heat distribution/conduction). And it uses less material/mass than a "standard" metal plate to cover the same surface area
 
Regarding the woods. I’ll just say the AAAA grade kind of chips are fine, but immediately I can tell this isn’t Wild wood

I’ll give it some time

truthfully I did crank it up to a fairly moderate heat so I could get a sample- but I’m spoiled by the detailed variations between all these different various Wild woods I’ve collected from the artisans on here
 
Top