Interesting I was going to buy a bunch of vanilla pods. Was going to use them in homemade ice cream.1kg dried Madagascar vanilla powder. No idea what I’ll do with it but we’ll see.
I haven't, but since it is a type of angelica I am sure it will have some interesting facets. I have not tried any of those Kangiiten oils due to lack of sample sizes or reviews.early-birthday gifted myself some kangiiten oils (which i'd not tried before) that are en route:
*fermented clove
*nanmu golden silk
*du huo (@Mr.P wondering if you've ever worked w this herb?)
*sarawak black pepper
*sichuan cypress
*tonga sandalwood
very excited/curious
Nice! I don't have any to sell but how is it?Whoo hoo! Arrived just in the nick of time as I was running out of No 1. I'll take more if anyone has some to sell?View attachment 49719
Interesting I was going to buy a bunch of vanilla pods. Was going to use them in homemade ice cream.
any thoughts about Cambodi Caramel?Cambodi is arguably my favorite style of Oud. With its iterations in Koh Kong, Pursat…etc
I buy many of my cambodis on the lower cost end of the spectrum. I wanted to turn it up a notch and do a mini splurge on this one. I fell for the marketing on this one too lol. The first email from them I was able to fend off my interest but the 2nd email from them got me.
I think I’m going to be pleasantly surprised. Hopefully.
The first time I tried it I didn’t think positively about it. But when I tried it the 2nd time things were different.
İ believe new projects are comingNow that's a proper bag of kinam chips!
View attachment 49732
I once made a bakhoor style incense with dried fruits, vanilla powder and Aussie sandalwood chips. I macerated the lot in a red wine. Was pretty incredible really.1kg dried Madagascar vanilla powder. No idea what I’ll do with it but we’ll see.
That’s a whole new take on bakhoor wow, must’ve smelled amazing! Didn’t it smell off from the sugars?I once made a bakhoor style incense with dried fruits, vanilla powder and Aussie sandalwood chips. I macerated the lot in a red wine. Was pretty incredible really.
I am going to make a BUNCH more resinoid and I am thinking hard about heat-treating some prior to extracting to see if I can tap into some of the aromatic potential of the CK. I have some going on the burner right now and it is just smelling so freaking good. Capturing / condensing the smoke or vapor or whatever you call it that comes off of the subitism is what I would like to accomplish, i know I'm not the first person to try to figure this out.İ believe new projects are coming
Quite the contrary. I mean it was sweet but in a delicious way. Like a cross between a mead and a baked pastry. Raw vanilla powder can be very versatile.That’s a whole new take on bakhoor wow, must’ve smelled amazing! Didn’t it smell off from the sugars?