Yes,I just got screwed the same as you by Fedex. $36 additional fee for "Storage" (this is in addition to the shipping fee) because of a $1 customs fee. Really hurt as my order was only a $100 order (so almost $60 in shipping fees) Blood suckers
I thought they were doing this in India, they charge around $20 for $6 import duty. But seems to be the SOP now.
 
I just got charged $26 by UPS because I had to pay a $0.19 fee for importing a package! Everybody is ripping off consumers these days… when the government isn't charging high tariffs, couriers are ready to pounce, basically doubling what they're making on every shipment just because they can get away with charging $26 to handle any import fee. Parasites
This is essentially the legal form of robbery and scamming.

Because US import taxes are clearly defined, the system allows me to pay all duties on my side before the package even arrives there. And once I realized through the customs documents that the actual taxes people were being charged were only around $6–7, while the remaining $30–40 were mostly made-up “operational fees,” I started covering all US import duties myself just so people wouldn’t get exploited.

But now, ironically, because I disrupted that system, I’ve started encountering difficulties during customs clearance that I had never experienced before.
 
This is essentially the legal form of robbery and scamming.

Because US import taxes are clearly defined, the system allows me to pay all duties on my side before the package even arrives there. And once I realized through the customs documents that the actual taxes people were being charged were only around $6–7, while the remaining $30–40 were mostly made-up “operational fees,” I started covering all US import duties myself just so people wouldn’t get exploited.

But now, ironically, because I disrupted that system, I’ve started encountering difficulties during customs clearance that I had never experienced before.
They are taking holding fees now, couple weeks ago i had a parcel that had a delay in the depot, they said that id have to pay 50 euros per day that it stands there(they sent it as company instead of private).
 
This is crazy, here in Brazil they always charge the percentage over there invoice value + shipping. And adding that the administration taxes from the companies. Normally I pay 120$ when it’s dhl and 70$ if it’s FedEx, of course if the invoice value is low.

But for me the most absurd thing is have to pay taxes over the shipping that you payed already, like it was a product and have to pay. 😔
 
This is crazy, here in Brazil they always charge the percentage over there invoice value + shipping. And adding that the administration taxes from the companies. Normally I pay 120$ when it’s dhl and 70$ if it’s FedEx, of course if the invoice value is low.

But for me the most absurd thing is have to pay taxes over the shipping that you payed already, like it was a product and have to pay. 😔
it is absurd but it is generally like this almost everywhere
Cif:cost+inssurance+freight
That is a delivery term and mostly all taxes calculated over this cif price
 
I love it… The government and it's crony businesses shaking us down for $30 every time we want to order something
 
Had to snag a full bottle of yusa Karimantan (along with a Natsuka) while the sale was still going because my 1ml (kari) is going fast! I know there have been several threads on “dark” and/or “smokey” ouds on the forum and the kari really hits the spot for me in that regard. There is not really any “diesel” i would say but there is this dark, hot engine / motor oil note that i really enjoy so much as it sits on this bed of soft powdery resin.
The Natsuka will be my first merauke!
 
Last edited:
sokkat alteeb -- turathiya (and others) at 75% off right now ($50 for turathiya). so that seemed worth checking em out, been meaning to check em out for a cheapie or three

Picked out a few that sounded interesting. bronze is only $80/quarter tola.
 
Last edited:
I love it… The government and it's crony businesses shaking us down for $30 every time we want to order something
$127 order from UK to Canada. $3 GST. DHL is taking $19 Processing Fee. Actual insanity.I hate the not knowing how much I might have to pay. And it sucks because now I'd rather play it safe with vendors where that isn't an issue, so my choices are more limited
 
Habzoud oud sample pack https://www.habzoud.com/collections/artisanal-oud-oils/products/oud-sample-pack

The price to value ratio is simply unheard of!

I'm really hoping that the oud oil I end up liking is something that I can actually afford 3 grams of lol (im looking at you Zamarad 3)! My previous experience of buying 1g of oud oils after sampling was that it gets used up really quick and you can't apply it generously.
 
Habzoud oud sample pack https://www.habzoud.com/collections/artisanal-oud-oils/products/oud-sample-pack

The price to value ratio is simply unheard of!

I'm really hoping that the oud oil I end up liking is something that I can actually afford 3 grams of lol (im looking at you Zamarad 3)! My previous experience of buying 1g of oud oils after sampling was that it gets used up really quick and you can't apply it generously.
This house offers exceptional value for money.
I am never disappointed.
 
Well, now it turns out I have two kittens inbound instead of one. The one I know I'm getting is indicated with the arrow. Not sure which of the others is coming along with him! Very glad he can stay united with one of his siblings. ETA is Sunday 🙂 it will be so interesting watching these two creatures grow up, going to learn a little more about cats. These will be the fourth and fifth cats in my life…
IMG_2698.webp
 
Well, now it turns out I have two kittens inbound instead of one. The one I know I'm getting is indicated with the arrow. Not sure which of the others is coming along with him! Very glad he can stay united with one of his siblings. ETA is Sunday 🙂 it will be so interesting watching these two creatures grow up, going to learn a little more about cats. These will be the fourth and fifth cats in my life…View attachment 54752
I'm glad to hear that they will have each other for company. I always feel for the little animals that have to be separated so early. I hope all goes well.
 
Well, now it turns out I have two kittens inbound instead of one. The one I know I'm getting is indicated with the arrow. Not sure which of the others is coming along with him! Very glad he can stay united with one of his siblings. ETA is Sunday 🙂 it will be so interesting watching these two creatures grow up, going to learn a little more about cats. These will be the fourth and fifth cats in my life…View attachment 54752
You've definitely got some fun times ahead with the trouble those two will get up to.
 
You've definitely got some fun times ahead with the trouble those two will get up to.
I am absolutely ready. We're going to have a good time. 🙂 i've got so many healthy catnip plants, lots of valerian which they love, and a small spare bedroom that's going to be their den until they get used to my house. i'm overjoyed
 
Last edited:
Received my Yusa aromatics order today, very much looking forward to trying the new ouds here.
Brother. I received mine too today. I believe I found the best house in the world. This Malay 97 blow me away totally.

The karimantan and the Sumatra is from another world. I’m totally in love with yusa. I’ll have to do another purchase because this oils are one the best things that I ever smelled. 🥹🫶🏻
 
Brother. I received mine too today. I believe I found the best house in the world. This Malay 97 blow me away totally.

The karimantan and the Sumatra is from another world. I’m totally in love with yusa. I’ll have to do another purchase because this oils are one the best things that I ever smelled. 🥹🫶🏻
I'm keen to try the karimantan as well. Give the Thai Ateeq a go.
 
Top