Tauhid Shaikh

True Ouddict
Swiped some Halawa this morning. Malaysians might be my favorite region hands down. For a plantation oil this surely is one of the best on the market. If there’s something better for the price let me know because I won’t believe it until I see it!

I love when an oil is paradigm shifting. This whole week has been immersed in lower priced oils that feel like heavy weights.
One of my favorites

Green Silani and IO Sinharaja today

They’re quite addictive…
I keep sniffing and sniffing.

Sinharaja is a little sweet with a resinous scent that is a little difficult to describe, a lot of notes within it than simply just floral, not oceanic, no barn,a touch of spice, and a touch powdery, reminds me of Rajakaya. From the middle on down you have the typical Sri Lanka aroma that you’ll find in the wood itself also.

Green Silani has a sort of barny smell, it doesn’t dominate but it’s there, other than that, it fast forwards to the middle and base as compared to Sinharaja, like it’s lacking some “good stuff”, probably due to the grade of wood used in the distillation. Nonetheless, it’s still a pleasure.

Proust Madeleine

True Ouddict
Green Silani and IO Sinharaja today

They’re quite addictive…
I keep sniffing and sniffing.

Sinharaja is a little sweet with a resinous scent that is a little difficult to describe, a lot of notes within it than simply just floral, not oceanic, no barn,a touch of spice, and a touch powdery, reminds me of Rajakaya. From the middle on down you have the typical Sri Lanka aroma that you’ll find in the wood itself also.

Green Silani has a sort of barny smell, it doesn’t dominate but it’s there, other than that, it fast forwards to the middle and base as compared to Sinharaja, like it’s lacking some “good stuff”, probably due to the grade of wood used in the distillation. Nonetheless, it’s still a pleasure.
Interestingly I don’t get barn from it but I get a strong swampy kind of note. I wonder how much that will change with age.

I do really love the strong heart note, reminds me quite a bit of the suriranka senkoh heart but agree that the off note in the open throws me for a moment and I miss a vanilla or floral top note from other Silanis that I’ve tried.

Interestingly I don’t get barn from it but I get a strong swampy kind of note. I wonder how much that will change with age.

I do really love the strong heart note, reminds me quite a bit of the suriranka senkoh heart but agree that the off note in the open throws me for a moment and I miss a vanilla or floral top note from other Silanis that I’ve tried.
My nose adjusts to the barn very quickly, the barn becomes more apparent when I sniff another oil side by side, same thing with MiskuAmber’s Sri Lanka oil, that’s why I don’t trust my perceptions at times, because the nose can adjust to block out certain notes, and oftentimes I feel oils are weak, like with Green Silani, I don’t perceive a beast mode, I love it anyhow!!

Swiped OudHindi Global Kalakassi

Very first sniff…I sensed a sandalwood vibe,
had the distillation pot been used to distill sandalwood oil prior to this distillation?

Anyhow, this is a very top note-ish oil,
I even felt a disconnect, does it contain resinated agarwood?….as the fumes dissipate, the real nature of the oil is revealed…ahhhhh agarwood😊
In fact, the further it dries, the more I smell the oudh, this is the most accurate chip on heater
note that I’ve encountered. In this particular case, I’m comparing it to an Assam chip.

Nice clean no-soak type oil.

I

Tauhid Shaikh

True Ouddict
Swiped OudHindi Global Kalakassi

Very first sniff…I sensed a sandalwood vibe,
had the distillation pot been used to distill sandalwood oil prior to this distillation?

Anyhow, this is a very top note-ish oil,
I even felt a disconnect, does it contain resinated agarwood?….as the fumes dissipate, the real nature of the oil is revealed…ahhhhh agarwood😊
In fact, the further it dries, the more I smell the oudh, this is the most accurate chip on heater
note that I’ve encountered. In this particular case, I’m comparing it to an Assam chip.

Nice clean no-soak type oil.

I
Is this the Kalakassi Premium or the Incense. I love both, premium the more.
Tamrind Chutney, and paint like. Do you sense paint like smell?