Averroes

True Ouddict
An old decant of AA Hansei. The low heat effect on the black oil kyara. I can never really decide whether I like this approach or that of EO more. But I will say this is something I literally want to lick whereas with EO there is an ambient quality for which I’d love to fill a space and rarely leave it.

Lorenz_156

Oud Fan
I was speaking loosely here but I’d compare to, say, Nha Trang LTD and what I think of as, in my novice way (over 10 years into this, I’m awed by the experience of my peers in the various forums) his more seriously and explicitly kinamic oils.
Okay great to know! I am not that experienced and never smelled a viet from Ensar. Regarding the prices of some EO Viets Tahas oils appeal a little more to me! And I cant complain about VSK and Hansei (VSK I like probably a little more, love this a lot). Dont get me wrong, EO Oils are lovely. I think a they are a little more dense and have that “thick umami“, Tahas Oils are a lot more invigorating and have a “higher“ frequency.... hard to describe :)
But the new Guallam Kilam sounds intriguing!

Broey_J

Oud Fan
Hawa Jinko by Al Hashimi

I don’t claim to be a sinaesthete, though I often rely on colour to convey the sensation of smell. When I do, I try to ground the colour by matching it to the appearance of the thing a smell resembles. If a scent smells like plums or black grapes, I describe it as purple, and so on.

Hawa Jinko is the first oud oil I’ve ever smelled that is pink. It opens with notes of white peach and osmanthus, and does something that surprised me - rounds them out with the scent of almond essence and cream. As though the whole stone fruit was distilled, including the pit and kernel.

After an hour on skin, the peach is introduced to the grassy, malty astringency of white tea. A whisper of fermentation notes appear to lend a buttery white musk, that evolves into a freshly sliced Pink Lady apple. Sweet crispness continues until it fades away. It’s hard to believe one can eke all of this out of tree sap. Amazing.

Alvin Sii

Oud Beginner
Laos 99 Agarwood Assam

Been hearing good thing about it, first impression is great,

Got slightly Hindi fermented profile when I smell the cap, but when swiping on skin, remind me more of sinensis. Nothing barn/off putting note, it's very smooth.

Great amount of bitterness that I enjoy, umami, slightly green incensy, calming & tranquil, very meditative.

Relitaliano

Oud Beginner
Royal Blend by Scent Salim
Cambodian Oud By Scent Salim

Receiving my package today, Scent Salim is my first introduction to real Oud oil. “Royal Blend” (An attar blend) and “Cambodian Oud” (Sandalwood and Oud Dominant blend).

The Royal blend is quite pleasant to the nose, with the Rose, Amber and Oud being quite addictive smelling. Smelling the “Cambodian Oud” from the bottle, I immediately understood what people were referring to all this time when they mentioned an ”barnyard” smell. I could literally picture the horses in the stables surrounded by bales of hay. When transferred to the skin, that’s when the Genie is let out of the bottle and the magic happens. It transforms into a sweet, leathery, piney, and resinous scent. About fifteen minutes after smelling my hand quite frequently to determine the changes in scent, I started to feel quite calm, almost hypnotic or a daydreaming sort of effect, which reminded me immediately of a green substance used back in the day, with no anxiety. The amount I had on my skin was less than a swipe, since I accidentally got it on my hand while removing the applicator to smell the Oud and wiped it on the back of my hand not to waste it. I was actually quite shocked how powerfully it altered my consciousness, with such a small amount on my skin. Is this a common effect from Oud? Since I don’t want to walk around all day in a daydreaming consciousness, ;) do you gain a tolerance to these effects, so you can function normally? What do you think of the scent salim Oud oils? Any good affordable Oud oils to start with? Which Oud oils are more uplifting and energizing?

Relitaliano

Oud Beginner
Hi I'm new to oud! I only own a Santosa bottle as I know how oud Cambodia smelt. Can anyone send a list of companies that sell pure oud or blends like ensaroud. Thanks
I am new to Oud as well and I was thinking about getting some of the Santosa for myself. ;) How is the “Santosa” Oud from Ensar compared to his other oils? Since I know Ensar makes some fantastic Oud oils, I was wondering what it smells like? Is the Santosa more of an uplifting/energizing or more relaxing Oud oil. Thanks.