Beautiful traces of time
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Oud Photos
    IMG_5064.webp
    39.6 KB · Views: 254
A showcase of beautiful bottles rather than Oud tbh.
The left one was able to fit 13g, could probably fit a little more oil. While the one on the right -although visibly smaller- could fit 16g.
Both vintage lead crystal, very pleasing to the eyes.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Oud Photos
    IMG_6095.webp
    68.6 KB · Views: 168
A showcase of beautiful bottles rather than Oud tbh.
The left one was able to fit 13g, could probably fit a little more oil. While the one on the right -although visibly smaller- could fit 16g.
Both vintage lead crystal, very pleasing to the eyes.
beautiful
 
They indeed are. And the smaller they are the harder to find and more expensive 😂
I may have already shared this with you but I made perfumes sold in bottles more or less like that in 1996. I recall going with the person who commissioned the perfume to look for bottles. I was living in Seattle at the time and I don't know how it works today but there used to be this thing called the Seattle gift show, and it was like a warehouse or group of warehouses that were divided up into different spaces that were assigned to different wholesale manufacturers. you had to have a business license in order to be authorized to shop at the wholesale markets.

This was where everybody got the stuff to sell in their retail shops for example. I don't remember what all the different specialties were but fabrics and glassware and kitchenware and decor and lampshades and who knows what else.

Some crystal glass manufacturer had a space there - they made all different kinds of crystal knickknacks and such - just a crystal specialist. What I wonder is if these gift shows still exist in major urban metropolitan areas? everything is probably changed with the Internet and online sales but at the time I recall she did a lot of digging and that was really the only way to get them she could figure out. Prices were reasonable when buying in boxes from the manufacturer.

There's an equivalent for florists as well - like this one central warehouse cluster where all the different growers and importers of flowers bring all the different stuff that they're able to grow and that's where florists can stock up.
 
I may have already shared this with you but I made perfumes sold in bottles more or less like that in 1996. I recall going with the person who commissioned the perfume to look for bottles. I was living in Seattle at the time and I don't know how it works today but there used to be this thing called the Seattle gift show, and it was like a warehouse or group of warehouses that were divided up into different spaces that were assigned to different wholesale manufacturers. you had to have a business license in order to be authorized to shop at the wholesale markets.

This was where everybody got the stuff to sell in their retail shops for example. I don't remember what all the different specialties were but fabrics and glassware and kitchenware and decor and lampshades and who knows what else.

Some crystal glass manufacturer had a space there - they made all different kinds of crystal knickknacks and such - just a crystal specialist. What I wonder is if these gift shows still exist in major urban metropolitan areas? everything is probably changed with the Internet and online sales but at the time I recall she did a lot of digging and that was really the only way to get them she could figure out. Prices were reasonable when buying in boxes from the manufacturer.

There's an equivalent for florists as well - like this one central warehouse cluster where all the different growers and importers of flowers bring all the different stuff that they're able to grow and that's where florists can stock up.
Im sure they do something similar in China but not here.
I get mine from flea markets in the UK and Facebook marketplace, occasionally off EBay and Etsy (a lot more expensive).
On Facebook you can sometimes find them for free believe it or not. I once got a full set of Victorian carved ivory+ruby napkin rings for £45 from Facebook marketplace 😂.
There’s one guy in covent garden who specializes in vintage crystal perfume bottles I forgot his name, but he has very high quality, preserved bottles for good prices.
 
Some sinking antique kyara pieces,
not completely sure about the quality,
cause in area of burning chips im completely new, so its hard to describe it and compare it.
At room temperature it emits somehow smoked aroma, it reminds me somehow smoked prosciutto, not completely like that but this is popping in my mind.
When you burnt it, it emits very dry woody antique aroma like old cabinet.

Good way how to test sinking is vacuum sealing, probably there will be little piece of air bubble, depends on shape of chips, but this way chips will not get wet.
View attachment 47654View attachment 47655View attachment 47656View attachment 47657View attachment 47658View attachment 47659View attachment 47660
sorry to break it to you but this is not kynam
 
sorry to break it to you but this is not kynam
But what it is exactly? It gives off oudy aroma, sometimes it smell like burned plastic, sometimes vanilla sweetnes, sometimes it doesnt smell pleasant sometimes pleasant. After some time it transform to typical oudy smell, in the beginning you cant recognize it directly. Just burned it on charcoal, so dont know how it behave in different temperatures. I appreciate negative opinion about this, thats the reason why im here, to learn a more about this topic, i presented it as i bought it, so please dont take it as my claim, im very novice in this area. Other members even said it doesnt looks like oud, but there is so many atypical types of chips which are selling in asia, which dont remind classical chips. So guys if some of you would like to play with it a give a opinion about it i can send you a piece.
 
But what it is exactly? It gives off oudy aroma, sometimes it smell like burned plastic, sometimes vanilla sweetnes, sometimes it doesnt smell pleasant sometimes pleasant. After some time it transform to typical oudy smell, in the beginning you cant recognize it directly. Just burned it on charcoal, so dont know how it behave in different temperatures. I appreciate negative opinion about this, thats the reason why im here, to learn a more about this topic, i presented it as i bought it, so please dont take it as my claim, im very novice in this area. Other members even said it doesnt looks like oud, but there is so many atypical types of chips which are selling in asia, which dont remind classical chips. So guys if some of you would like to play with it a give a opinion about it i can send you a piece.
I wish I could say that I thought it looked authentic but I also have to say I've never seen agarwood that looked like that even the most resinous. It's a little hard to put into words but the texture, the grain, the amount and distribution of the resin, it all looks like something different even though I couldn't tell you what it might be. I know there are numerous other resin producing woods but I don't know enough about them to suggest a particular identity.
 
Back
Top