Do you think this is the case with other perfumes in the lineup as well, or just this one? I had a similar experience with Oud Hindi, which I actually loved.
I think it’s a fault of naturals in general. My perfumes last 4-8 hours on skin, a lot longer on paper. But it’s the bane of natural perfumers, longevity in general, and it’s hard to get past. But to answer your question directly, I’m constantly reapplying their perfumes throughout the day except for Maximus.
 
I think it’s a fault of naturals in general. My perfumes last 4-8 hours on skin, a lot longer on paper. But it’s the bane of natural perfumers, longevity in general, and it’s hard to get past. But to answer your question directly, I’m constantly reapplying their perfumes throughout the day except for Maximus.
What do you think, @wazy ?
 
What do you think, @wazy ?
I agree with you. Although I’m guessing this particular one might be a mixed-media composition (I could be wrong), certain materials could definitely have helped with longevity.
On the naturals point ,I’ve personally had 12–18 hours of lasting from some houses that I believe use a very high percentage of naturals. A good example is Ghazali 2 (you may know the house I’m hinting at). It wore like a second skin on me for the entire day. With all the animalics in that composition, the longevity made sense.


So while naturals generally struggle with long wear, think formula structure and material choices can still make a huge difference?
 
I agree with you. Although I’m guessing this particular one might be a mixed-media composition (I could be wrong), certain materials could definitely have helped with longevity.
On the naturals point ,I’ve personally had 12–18 hours of lasting from some houses that I believe use a very high percentage of naturals. A good example is Ghazali 2 (you may know the house I’m hinting at). It wore like a second skin on me for the entire day. With all the animalics in that composition, the longevity made sense.


So while naturals generally struggle with long wear, think formula structure and material choices can still make a huge difference?
Even the smallest dose of synthetics, like less than 1% could help extend longevity, whereas a totally natural product, which is what i was talking about, struggles with longevity. Certainly, the higher quality ingredients, the better life you might get out of it, de3pending of the material. for example, a high-quality Benzion will last much long4er than a benzoin you might find of amazon, but a high-qauality citrus isn’t going to equate a long0life citrus, nor would you want it to. No two rose absolutes are alike, even in the same lots, and each has their own longevity and evaporation and diffusions. It just depends on the chemicals. Adding Timb3ersilk is going to make even the worst atlas cedar last longer than a great atlas cedar. It’s just the material itself that will tell you how long it will last. Generally, the better quality ones last longer than cheaper pure natural materials. But poor natural materials mixed with synthetics might, and I say might, last longer than an explemporatory natural. It’s why hedione is often mixed with jasmine. And it’s how Chanel gets their jasmine to last longer, well that and a bunch of musks and other stuff.

As far as formula structure, that certainly impacts ev3erything about a p3erfume, because that’s the blueprint/skeleton by which the perfume is made from. I start there, which a draft structure on a piece of paper (well, Excel) (actually, not always, most of the time I start with a memory and then with a material from that memory and then the structure).

The sturture is how the natural materials relate to one another, and in some cases for me, that means placing them in the right category as far as top/middle/base or if I take a more Eastern approach, all base materials at once, and how the mat3erials relate to Rachmaninov other in function, cterinly these can impact the longevity of the perfume.
 
@wazy and as soon as I wrote the above, I got an email from fraterworks, and in it was this:

“Galbanum Resinoid is best used at 0.5-3% when you need green notes with genuine staying power and complexity. Unlike the essential oil's fleeting pine-like top notes, the resinoid provides sustained green depth throughout a fragrance's evolution. Its superior fixative properties anchor volatile materials while contributing its own sophisticated woody-balsamic character. Use it as the foundation for chypre green compositions where longevity matters, or to create authentic forest atmospheres that persist from first spray to final drydown.”

So shame on me for not mentiong the WAYSm natural perfumist try to extend the life of a perfume. Granted, adding base notes is a given (I put labdannum is almost everything), but adding resin ouds as base notes too and I use a lot of those too, especially for my “sacred” style perfumes. Keep in mind that fraterworks is a retailer and they are trying to sell you products and different variation of the same material.
 
I've paired one spray of Prin's Nocturnal Poetry with a tiny swipe of Oudique's SQ Ward Bulgare and now the more leathery, even stale and somewhat musty jasmine and hyrax notes are turbo-charged by a high-pitched pink rose with a majmua-like green powder.

Ward Bulgare is amazing in its own right and has instantly shot up as my favorite rose oil. I'm bummed I only got one gram right before the 50% off sale! The pitch of the oil is way more soft without Prin's stinky perfume activating it, and it smells like a perfume, primarily because of how full spectrum it smells while tinging the edges of a dreamy almost-photorealism by evoking Romantic memories.
 
I've paired one spray of Prin's Nocturnal Poetry with a tiny swipe of Oudique's SQ Ward Bulgare and now the more leathery, even stale and somewhat musty jasmine and hyrax notes are turbo-charged by a high-pitched pink rose with a majmua-like green powder.

Ward Bulgare is amazing in its own right and has instantly shot up as my favorite rose oil. I'm bummed I only got one gram right before the 50% off sale! The pitch of the oil is way more soft without Prin's stinky perfume activating it, and it smells like a perfume, primarily because of how full spectrum it smells while tinging the edges of a dreamy almost-photorealism by evoking Romantic memories.
Inspired by your take on the rose, I also gave my 1ml a gentle yet generous swipe on the upper palm — the way I usually test my oils. And honestly, it was impressive. I experienced exactly what you described.
To complement it, I added a light spray of Muscaline by Aton on my neck, right at the base of the throat(siberian deer musk with its strong herbal aura kept radiating around me, and those rosy whiffs would weave in as I moved)
Gave this feeling of wanting to “man up,” but in a refined, understated way.
Beautiful offering by @Oudique as usual .


Update on drydown:
The oil left some white dots on my skin which i could wipe off wet.
 
Last edited:
Inspired by your take on the rose, I also gave my 1ml a gentle yet generous swipe on the upper palm — the way I usually test my oils. And honestly, it was impressive. I experienced exactly what you described.
To complement it, I added a light spray of Muscaline by Aton on my neck, right at the base of the throat(siberian deer musk with its strong herbal aura kept radiating around me, and those rosy whiffs would weave in as I moved)
Gave this feeling of wanting to “man up,” but in a refined, understated way.
Beautiful offering by @Oudique as usual .


Update on drydown:
The oil left some white dots on my skin which i could wipe off wet.
This is tempting….I LOVE rose.
 
Inspired by your take on the rose, I also gave my 1ml a gentle yet generous swipe on the upper palm — the way I usually test my oils. And honestly, it was impressive. I experienced exactly what you described.
To complement it, I added a light spray of Muscaline by Aton on my neck, right at the base of the throat(siberian deer musk with its strong herbal aura kept radiating around me, and those rosy whiffs would weave in as I moved)
Gave this feeling of wanting to “man up,” but in a refined, understated way.
Beautiful offering by @Oudique as usual .


Update on drydown:
The oil left some white dots on my skin which i could wipe off wet.
Muscaline sounds great! I tried and enjoyed Murasakino.
 
Todays anti-stress after workweek combo is, perfume Var from Mallo, one swipe from Meghalaya 1977, burned trat agarwood incense sticks from a guy from Bangkok, couple of Tori highball whiskeys and spikenard incense from Thaikodo sticks is waiting for sleeping, maybe you can call me a barbar to combine so many things, but i love it as multilayered experience for all my senses, feel so good and smell so heavenly, wish you good weekend
 
EO Mystical Lotus OG
One of the first sami-bespoke perfume from EO built on Blue Kalbar structure with additional things like Melange Priveé, extra blue lotus, SQ Taifi, SQ Maroke and some other Oriscent oils like Brunei Kynam.
Have been aged very well in my collection, I bought in 2022, and since then I've use sparingly.
This is almost an Attar with a concentration of 60% as the blurb in the website, citrusy, floral, oceanic, lots of ambergris, oudy and musky all in once, beautiful composition.
 
Back
Top