I just got my 1st two oils from Feel Oud (first real oud purchase) & am increasingly into the Mysory Lotus attar which surprised me with its green fresh funk and delicate sweetness. It really warms up on the skin and tells such a story. The oil itself was a little bit murky and had some sediment too (incl. a small filter thread?) before applying, and i havent worn any more than one drop on each hand / attempting to not swipe, so its been meditative and calming thru frustrating city traffic.
 
With a light moisturisation of Kalakassi worked into my left arm, I’m thinking of adding a sharp, elegant spray of Civet D’or on the neck or maybe on the clothes, considering all the mixed opinions about neck application lately.
Civet D’or has this deceptively simple profile, but carries the sophistication and quiet mystery of a man who doesn’t need to announce himself. If that makes any sense, lol.
A genuinely lovely scent. @Oudique
 
With a light moisturisation of Kalakassi worked into my left arm, I’m thinking of adding a sharp, elegant spray of Civet D’or on the neck or maybe on the clothes, considering all the mixed opinions about neck application lately.
Civet D’or has this deceptively simple profile, but carries the sophistication and quiet mystery of a man who doesn’t need to announce himself. If that makes any sense, lol.
A genuinely lovely scent. @Oudique
what are the opinions on neck application? I know what works for me but I'm certainly curious, I was not aware of any controversy here! 🙂
 
what are the opinions on neck application? I know what works for me but I'm certainly curious, I was not aware of any controversy here! 🙂
I saw few videos on Instagram that spraying perfumes on the neck which is where the thyroid gland sits affects the hormones and other functioning in the body.
 
I saw few videos on Instagram that spraying perfumes on the neck which is where the thyroid gland sits affects the hormones and other functioning in the body.
That would make sense if you're spraying perfumes filled with phthalates and other hormone distrupting chemicals, but I wonder if that's still the case for harmless and natural perfumes
 
EO - Tigerwood PP - to date the best spray I have encountered. I love the Tigerwood Oils - there is a kind of off-centre depth to them that I crave ever since first putting my nose on one. The PP has that in buckets - I often struggle to pick out exactly which oils are supposedly in sprays - but not here - the spices elevate and add laser-beam focus to this amazing oud.
 
Hello all, back after an unplanned hiatus.

Testing 4 perfumes today:

1. Heaven Sent by Rubenstein.. What a GORGEOUS opening. Felt like I inhaled nectar from the gods! Dry down is very old hollywood!

2. Rose Noir from Teone Reinthal. A fine tuned version of Flower of Life, IMO.

3. Rosa Ataraxis III... a beautiful extension to RS II, need more testing.

4. Malik an Nur... An homage to vintage french perfumery from 70s/80s and My God! What a beauty. It ABSOLUTELY achieves what it says it does. In fact, I wore this first, the dry down reminded me of vintage perfumes so much so that I decided to test another vintage perfumes alongside.
 
Faizal Privée - Hindi Love Affair

Strong but festive apple, saffron, cloves, various other spcies, Hindi Rose blooms, Assam oud, and charred oud wood just to name a few are a menagerie of what comprise Hindi Love Affair. It’s utterly beautiful to wear at night. I feel like I’m on a magic carpet.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Perfume of the Day
    Hindi Love Affair.webp
    104.1 KB · Views: 38
I was kind of amused to discover that my daughter had picked up a bottle of a duplicate of Baccarat Rouge. she moved back in last week, staying with me until the semester starts in January after living on her own for a year. 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 Very happy to have my kiddo at home for a while!

I'm not familiar with the original perfume but I've certainly seen some buzz written about it. I have no idea how accurate the duplicate is to the original, seems to have a fair amount ambroxide, my whole house smells of it right now and I have to put the kibosh on this ASAP. I'm happy to see her experimenting with fragrance though. I did give her a bottle of Etro Sandalo, Zino / Davidoff and Guerlain Heritage as she likes these kind of amber type things. It was hard giving her that bottle of Etro because that stuff is expensive and it's excellent for what it is. I have to get her to wear more Etro and Heritage and less baccarat rouge knock off
 
I was kind of amused to discover that my daughter had picked up a bottle of a duplicate of Baccarat Rouge. she moved back in last week, staying with me until the semester starts in January after living on her own for a year. 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 Very happy to have my kiddo at home for a while!

I'm not familiar with the original perfume but I've certainly seen some buzz written about it. I have no idea how accurate the duplicate is to the original, seems to have a fair amount ambroxide, my whole house smells of it right now and I have to put the kibosh on this ASAP. I'm happy to see her experimenting with fragrance though. I did give her a bottle of Etro Sandalo, Zino / Davidoff and Guerlain Heritage as she likes these kind of amber type things. It was hard giving her that bottle of Etro because that stuff is expensive and it's excellent for what it is. I have to get her to wear more Etro and Heritage and less baccarat rouge knock off
I tried the Extrait of BR540 in 2019, really enjoyed it, kinda reminded me of being at a dentist's office, with this note of disposable latex gloves, which as weird as it sounds was quite appealing and intriguing. It creates a really strong scent bubble and it's oddly never overwhelming when I smell it in public. Also, I find it completely unisex, or I suppose in the past when I smelled it last!
 
KYMYA - Kambodi

This is good example of a chypre blended with Cambodi oud. The scent is regal and long lasting. It has the qualities of a high end niche Parfum that has incorporated oud very well. Oud based parfums are hard to blend because the qualities of the oud used vary. Thus, the Parfum may not reach its full potential in the market. This one is one of my favorites out there.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Perfume of the Day
    KYMYA Kambodi.webp
    85.7 KB · Views: 41
I was kind of amused to discover that my daughter had picked up a bottle of a duplicate of Baccarat Rouge. she moved back in last week, staying with me until the semester starts in January after living on her own for a year. 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 Very happy to have my kiddo at home for a while!

I'm not familiar with the original perfume but I've certainly seen some buzz written about it. I have no idea how accurate the duplicate is to the original, seems to have a fair amount ambroxide, my whole house smells of it right now and I have to put the kibosh on this ASAP. I'm happy to see her experimenting with fragrance though. I did give her a bottle of Etro Sandalo, Zino / Davidoff and Guerlain Heritage as she likes these kind of amber type things. It was hard giving her that bottle of Etro because that stuff is expensive and it's excellent for what it is. I have to get her to wear more Etro and Heritage and less baccarat rouge knock off
LOL, once you put the kibosh on that dup you'll soon send her on the right track. I also happen to like BR's smell but more so out in public and in fleeting moments, whenever strangers pass by me.

Your funny and sweet story reminded me of my ex who used to wear only vetiver oil. She was entirely not fussy about it, wore whatever oil she got at the local health food store, and well, I couldn't complain! But then I got her a 1/4 tola of aged ruh khus once and she was amazed. And then when I got her a travel size spray of Bortnikoff's Vetiver Nocturne, she started to understand why I always smell like I do...
 
But then I got her a 1/4 tola of aged ruh khus once and she was amazed. And then when I got her a travel size spray of Bortnikoff's Vetiver Nocturne, she started to understand why I always smell like I do...
Bortnikoff’s Vetiver Nocturne. I haven’t heard of it in a long while. If the currently available release of it is anywhere near the original, I’ll say it is the definitive Bortnikoff musky floral, with vetiver providing support and lift. One of his finest!
 
Two Molinard sprays - "musc" and jasmine. Roughly 15 years old i think. The musk is sweet, balsamic, definitely musky but not with any kind of over the top synthetic musk presence and definitely not with any animal musk. Reminds me a little bit of some Japanese incense, a sweet incense slightly musky accord like you might smell in a box of some mainichi ko from a decent source.

Jasmine is quite pleasant, seems to have a little bit of sambac and grandiflorum facets combined, smells like it could contain a decent amount of natural jasmine along with maybe some aromachemical or another. I think I figured one of them out… I want to see if I can replicate this actually.
IMG_4099.jpeg
 
Bortnikoff’s Vetiver Nocturne. I haven’t heard of it in a long while. If the currently available release of it is anywhere near the original, I’ll say it is the definitive Bortnikoff musky floral, with vetiver providing support and lift. One of his finest!
The one I got was from around '22 and I got it second hand. It was definitely musky floral with a juicy apple-ish note at first.
 
Back
Top