Rogue - Targhee Forest

Instead of my Oud-centric perfume choices I opted to go for another natural fragrance that’s on my shelf. Targhee Forest by Rogue. If you remember the song “So Fresh So Clean” renditions by The OutKast. This is the feeeling it gives you. It’s heavy on the oak moss and pine. Patchouli and sagebrush also take shape in sculpting the scent that smells like being in a classical era. It’s so satisfying after a shower. It’s a very unmistakable masculine scent that’s enjoyable.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Perfume of the Day
    IMG_1310.webp
    89.7 KB · Views: 82
Rogue - Targhee Forest

Instead of my Oud-centric perfume choices I opted to go for another natural fragrance that’s on my shelf. Targhee Forest by Rogue. If you remember the song “So Fresh So Clean” renditions by The OutKast. This is the feeeling it gives you. It’s heavy on the oak moss and pine. Patchouli and sagebrush also take shape in sculpting the scent that smells like being in a classical era. It’s so satisfying after a shower. It’s a very unmistakable masculine scent that’s enjoyable.
I didn't like oakmoss until I started working with it in blends--then I found it irresistible. It's an awesome material.
 
Rogue - Targhee Forest

Instead of my Oud-centric perfume choices I opted to go for another natural fragrance that’s on my shelf. Targhee Forest by Rogue. If you remember the song “So Fresh So Clean” renditions by The OutKast. This is the feeeling it gives you. It’s heavy on the oak moss and pine. Patchouli and sagebrush also take shape in sculpting the scent that smells like being in a classical era. It’s so satisfying after a shower. It’s a very unmistakable masculine scent that’s enjoyable.
Though it has a touch of Trat oud in the drydown, it's mostly orange blossom, neroli, and oakmoss, like Targhee Forest has, called Symphonie de Neroli by Bortnikoff. I just got it yesterday, and it's pretty great. Very pleasing.
 
Nizam ul Mulk by Scent Talks. This extrait is a powerhouse! I'm attaching the ingredients.
The scent reminded me of when I first smelled a sample of Roja's Enigma. That in depth Coke scent.
I say Nizam is like Enigmas great-grandfather who drank classic coke back in the late 1800s with the finest Whiskey and a long cigar. The man laughs at his kids when Coke changed their ingredients. We all know the old-school method is that much better. Be sure to take a few seconds after the spray to smell; saving you all from that rush and incapability of smelling anything other than Nizam for 30 minutes 😜
I'm impressed by the docs work. I've sprayed this on my jacket, lasted nearly 3 days (I'm sure its still there) and my puffer gym jacket morphed into a classic leather blazer.
Highly recommend this one if you admire that in depth Coke scent. Bravo Scent Talks
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Perfume of the Day
    17661725919566612807845787080355.webp
    55.1 KB · Views: 66
  • [Ouddict.com] Perfume of the Day
    1000035084.webp
    57.3 KB · Views: 78
AlShareef Oudh - Qubrus

This chypre is similar to Targhee Forest by Rogue Perfumery in that the first thing that hits you is the oak moss. But the similarity stops there.

The neroli and the patchouli are like a cloud of relaxation and thoughtful meditation. It feels fresh, sweet, and radiant. The labdanum is rich and resinous. Whilst the musk seems somewhat muted. I love the oud and vetiver where it gives this refined bitterness to it all.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Perfume of the Day
    Qubrus.webp
    115.7 KB · Views: 68
Where can I get hold of this
you can get sample from here:

This edition is rarely offered in the second market, although I believe there is another new iteration but I haven't tried so can't vouch for it.
 
Anyone heard about of this brand Aromas De Salazar? I found it while doing a google search for a specific accord combo that I had read about and one of their Love Language perfumes came up toward the top of the search results. They seem to be all natural and not that far from anything anyone on here would appreciate. A couple of the perfumes in the Vintage line have aldehydes but that seems to be it. I’m not really a perfume person but something about these is appealing to me.
Their vintage collection sounds interesting to me. But I'm going to have to stay away. I fell in love with another perfumer last week and I do not have the $$$ to love two at the same time 😂
 
Reve du Matin by Prin Lomros's Strangers Parfumerie

Notes: Bergamot, Cedrat, Earl Grey Tea, French Lavender, Hay, Honey, Jasmine, Lemon Zest, Muguet, Rose, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Wildflowers

This is a soft, pretty eau de toilette with astonishing lasting power. It's coming on five hours with no signs of waning. It's lovely to wear at night and will be fantastic in spring/summer.
 
Sokkat AlTeeb - Northern Thai Oud Parfum

This Parfum was made using 1/2 tola of northern Thai Oud oil. It smells sweet and smoky with good projection and sillage. It has a zesty lime scent that’s not too pungent. Really good for layering with other ouds.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Perfume of the Day
    North Thai Oud Parfum .webp
    62.6 KB · Views: 76
is the oud note obvious? If so, what kind of oud is it, animalic, woody, incensey, sweet, fruity, leathery....
It's a mixture of woody and medicinal. Not that obvious. it's more of a western nose's interpretation of oud. My only issue is the projection of this scent.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Joe
Back
Top