Hunayn - Silk Dunes

This is a silky and caramel gourmand perfume. It really warms you up with top notes of black pepper, cinnamon, and cloves. Middle notes of roses protruding from within. It has a solid base of Mysore sandalwood, Malayan Oud, patchouli, and frankincense. This is for the those who appreciate complexity, patience, and soul in perfumery.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Perfume of the Day
    IMG_2205.webp
    59.9 KB · Views: 119
English Garden by Sentire for Sainte Cellier

Composition:
  • Basil, Tomato Leaf, Blackcurrant Leaf
  • Fresh Cut Grass, Lily of the Valley, Fig Leaf
  • Haitian Vetiver, Hay, Oakmoss
One of the prettiest perfumes I've smelled in ages. I don't know why this perfume has knocked me out. The concept is not novel. Neither are the ingredients. But the way it's put together is perfect to me. What I smell is a very green garden, overgrown, more stalks and stems than flowers. I just want to poke my nose in a giant basket of cuttings and breathe.
 
English Garden by Sentire for Sainte Cellier

Composition:
  • Basil, Tomato Leaf, Blackcurrant Leaf
  • Fresh Cut Grass, Lily of the Valley, Fig Leaf
  • Haitian Vetiver, Hay, Oakmoss
One of the prettiest perfumes I've smelled in ages. I don't know why this perfume has knocked me out. The concept is not novel. Neither are the ingredients. But the way it's put together is perfect to me. What I smell is a very green garden, overgrown, more stalks and stems than flowers. I just want to poke my nose in a giant basket of cuttings and breathe.
haitian vetiver is very special stuff to me - it's ordinary in the sense of being widely available but the particular profile that that region can achieve can be absolutely delicious. It's kind of like the Pursat of vetiver, assuming I have a grasp of Pursat's profile. I can imagine someone who likes super throaty vetiver to find it a little too demure, but for me it brings all of the most charming notes of vetiver in general and few of the challenging ones. That perfume sounds very nice!
 
Fuse
Received samples of the two new prestige series and the entire black label series.
I rate it as:
1. Fracture
2. Rampai noir
3. Lost
4. Moth to flame
5. Scuro rosa

1. Crave
2. Mojo

Truthfully I love Rampai Noir! It would be number one but Fracture hit all the right spots for me and settles beautifully.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Perfume of the Day
    1000036351.webp
    118.8 KB · Views: 102
ASQ - Smoked Agarwood Perfume

I’ve elected to layer the aged Burmese with the smoked agarwood perfume from ASQ. The aged Burmese turns darker and more indulgent. The leathery, woody core is wrapped in a smoky caramel warmth, where toffee sweetness melts into the animalic edge, creating a rich contrast of bitter smoke and burnt sugar. The result is deeper, smoother, and addictive.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Perfume of the Day
    IMG_2242.webp
    73.4 KB · Views: 86
Amphora Exotica : Vespers

Love the cinammon opening, followed by an exotic mix of flowers and spices. Some indolic bouquet of jasmine sambac/grandiflorum, with yellow and pink champaca. The sweetness is balanced by some fresh and spicy ginger with kashmir saffron, vetiver, and the base is creamy and musky with some mysore sandalwood, ambergris, and Siberian deer musk
 
Jinkoh Store - Sunset in Doha

IMG_3128.jpeg


My first post in this thread because I haven’t ventured into the world of artisinal perfumes before.

Sunset in Doha arrived ice cold, but it’s a fragrance that warms the heart.
It is a beautiful (not offputting) warm animalic, slightly floral and seductive fragrance.
 
Back
Top