Found this (fwiw):
The centerpiece of the fragrance is a Kashmiri and Himalayan musk in a Mysore sandalwood accord, which makes up about 65% of the total composition.

Other notable elements include Taif rose, Persian saffron, ambergris, and select ouds, which add a noble and complex backbone to the scent.

Reviewers describe the scent as having a deep velvet harmony, with a warm, resinous smoothness and a subtly spicy red heartwood aroma.
Thanks man. Great description.
 
Areej le Dore - AlMajmua

This perfume is a nice balance sweet and bitter notes. The top is composed of black currant and the sourness of bergamot. The middle is made up of bitter vetiver, and patchouli. The base notes consist of oak moss, noticeable iris and cedar wood.

It has strong projection and sillage. The dry down is amazing leaving the iris and bergamot behind to comingle. This was the first ALD buy I ever made so it’s close to my heart ❤️.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Perfume of the Day
    IMG_2287_11zon.webp
    91.8 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
I love it as well… it’s not that grocery store vanilla extract smell - rather it’s complex and inviting, with mysterious other layers.
IMO it’s too beautiful to layer. I’m wearing it this week also sprayed onto the neck, arms and body of my jumper that I’m wearing and working in throughout the day. I only sprayed it on at the start of the week and it’s still very potent. @Faizal_p also has Agar Rose 🌹 which I also bought at ScentExpo, which I’ve also worn a lot and intend to buy a larger bottle of soon. I’m so glad that I have discovered this guy’s work.
 
EO Aroha Kyaku

An absolute smoke bomb. I really adore this scent however, it's unwearable in public.
Only to be enjoyed in the comfort of your own home. Even most EO collectors I have spoke with will say this is simply to dark and smokey.
Powerful, unapologetic and extremely bold fragrance.
 
Currently wearing some resinous fruity / leathery Cambodi oil, but decided to put a couple of sprays of EO - Tibetan Musk Pure Parfum on top, the original version.
Magnificent stuff, it’s got one foot in Arabia & the other in France. A spicy lavender fougere top crossed with a labdanum, lubaan, sandalwood oriental base. Obviously the main star is the musk. Apparently the musk used is very very old from the SQ vault. Aged, rich, chocolatey, fruity, furry, suede, animalic musk. The scent of paradise.
 
Last edited:
Tonight it’s my very first Xerjoff. It’s called Zafar. I looked up tons of reviews and this one seemed to be the most natural and abundant oud. Have only smelled the 17/17 Discovery set which came out before the oud crazy of the 2010’s so I don’t know if this is the oudyest. But it’s nice and juicy and slightly fermented. I like it for sure. But I wouldn’t have paid more than I did. I got it for almost $170. Nice, trustworthy discounters site. Maybe I’ll go for another oudy one tomorrow?

Any recs? I do like Richwood. And this Zafar is slightly addictive. What’s yours?
 
So true.

I was so excited to use the extrait but the sweetness of rose has left me underwhelmed.

Don’t take me wrong, it’s an amazing niche fragrance, but just doesn’t last long on my skin type. I lose it the fastest among all other MFKs
My favorite that’s discontinued was mood cashmere oud. Wow was that a great one. No idea why they dropped it. Such a pity.
 
Currently wearing some resinous fruity / leathery Cambodi oil, but decided to put a couple of sprays of EO - Tibetan Musk Pure Parfum on top, the original version.
Magnificent stuff, it’s got one foot in Arabia & the other in France. A spicy lavender fougere top crossed with a labdanum, lubaan, sandalwood oriental base. Obviously the main star is the musk. Apparently the musk used is very very old from the SQ vault. Aged, rich, chocolatey, fruity, furry, suede, animalic musk. The scent of paradise.
Sounds quite stimulating.
 
Currently wearing some resinous fruity / leathery Cambodi oil, but decided to put a couple of sprays of EO - Tibetan Musk Pure Parfum on top, the original version.
Magnificent stuff, it’s got one foot in Arabia & the other in France. A spicy lavender fougere top crossed with a labdanum, lubaan, sandalwood oriental base. Obviously the main star is the musk. Apparently the musk used is very very old from the SQ vault. Aged, rich, chocolatey, fruity, furry, suede, animalic musk. The scent of paradise.
I haven't tried the Tibetan Musk pp but ♥️ the attar. Supposedly they're pretty similar, given the limits of the formats.
 
IMO it’s too beautiful to layer. I’m wearing it this week also sprayed onto the neck, arms and body of my jumper that I’m wearing and working in throughout the day. I only sprayed it on at the start of the week and it’s still very potent. @Faizal_p also has Agar Rose 🌹 which I also bought at ScentExpo, which I’ve also worn a lot and intend to buy a larger bottle of soon. I’m so glad that I have discovered this guy’s work.
I agree, I’m referring to its own inner layers that reveal itself as you let it dry down! Sorry that wasn’t clear
 
I haven't worn non-oud oils in some time now. I had some EO Tibetan Musk pp in a decant that had largely evaporated so it was super sludgy but still had grains at the bottom. I diluted it with some Nangarhar rose oil and added a little bit of EO Tonkin Musk. I have 2x 1ml sample vials of the concoction. I wore it early today and it is one of the best things I've ever smelled. But a few hours in and I was jonesing for oud oils and hoping the musk would die down by the time I sat down for my oud session.

I felt a vast difference between what I like to smell and what I like to smell like (with overlaps ofc).
 
I agree, I’m referring to its own inner layers that reveal itself as you let it dry down! Sorry that wasn’t clear
Oh, it was, and you were. I was referring to 'layering' it with oils and attars. I think it's such a beautiful fragrance that it doesn't need anything, and IMO it stands on its own. I appreciated what you meant, and I agree. For me, the smokiness deepens as it dries down - and I love that about it.
 
IMG_8060.jpeg

Winding down for the evening. Such a hot day today, I was out & about for most of it, so I’m feeling a bit knackered now it’s 10:20pm.

A good splash of the Quintis - Santalum Album oil & a few sprays of ‘La Peau Nue’ - Celine. I shamelessly enjoy white musks, both Arabian & French style.
La Peau Nue is a refined, subtle, powdery, floral French musk. Fresh dewy rose & a waxy cosmetic iris accord, sitting upon a dry, yet warm musk base. Not clean, soapy, laundry musks, but a sensual creamy texture, soft-pillowy. The slightest touch of amber & vetiver add a complexity to the powdery far dry down.
 
Last edited:
EO Aroha Kyaku

An absolute smoke bomb. I really adore this scent however, it's unwearable in public.
Only to be enjoyed in the comfort of your own home. Even most EO collectors I have spoke with will say this is simply to dark and smokey.
Powerful, unapologetic and extremely bold fragrance.
It was too smoky for me. So I gave it a better home with another fellow Ouddict.
 
Tonight it’s my very first Xerjoff. It’s called Zafar. I looked up tons of reviews and this one seemed to be the most natural and abundant oud. Have only smelled the 17/17 Discovery set which came out before the oud crazy of the 2010’s so I don’t know if this is the oudyest. But it’s nice and juicy and slightly fermented. I like it for sure. But I wouldn’t have paid more than I did. I got it for almost $170. Nice, trustworthy discounters site. Maybe I’ll go for another oudy one tomorrow?

Any recs? I do like Richwood. And this Zafar is slightly addictive. What’s yours?
Naxos. Might not be oudy but it’s my favorite Xerjoff.
 
Badr Harqan - Houd

This is from a Saudi perfumist who studied perfumery in France back in the 2010s.

I combined Houd with #2 shadow layer and it’s divine. I haven’t worn it a lot because all of them together in the box just look too damned good. Don’t know if I want to collect or use.

Houd is so Oud-driven as they injected the older version of Houd into 2 Oud trees. Waited till they matured for one year. Then distilled both. With Houd (tree 1) being more of an aggressive Oud scent.

Houd (Tree 2) was the one I got. And it’s so beautiful. The fragrance is balanced and masterfully crafted to give good projection and longevity. I can smell myself while wearing it and the notes are noxious. Simply beautiful !
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Perfume of the Day
    IMG_1466_11zon_11zon.webp
    147.6 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Back
Top