I've worn Udan from @Oudique today, layered over @SULAYM's Hātim from their Rajab collection.

I bought Faheem's Udan (for myself) at Christmas, and I've already got through 20% of the bottle. I like 'rosey' with my oud type of perfumes, and the rose in this one isn't heavy - and it has incense and spices in it too. The Rajab collection was delivered on Thursday, and today was a first road-test for Hātim. It's a light, easy-on-the-senses kind of oil. I think that there's amber and honey in there somewhere. It helped to lift the Udan, but neither overwhelmed the other. I liked it. I like fragrances that make me smile, and 'easy on the head' kinds of fragrances like these two together, I find relaxing. It’s been a tough day here, and I need(ed) something chilled to centre me. I hope others' weekends are less stressful.
 
Last edited:
Echocardiogram results came back and everything is fine! I just had high blood pressure, probably for a while. Very relieved… Thank you, my friend.
When’s the next fragrance festival????
When they announce it, we’ll know!

Good to hear, very good, that the ECG came back a-ok. That’s the important part—-well, they’re all important, but without a heart working at optimal levels you’re doomed. I am glad your future looks bright! I’m going to smoother your family and you with my blends when we finally meet, just you wait.
 
When they announce it, we’ll know!

Good to hear, very good, that the ECG came back a-ok. That’s the important part—-well, they’re all important, but without a heart working at optimal levels you’re doomed. I am glad your future looks bright! I’m going to smoother your family and you with my blends when we finally meet, just you wait.
I think I’m overdue to place an order before we meet 🙂))) been on a pause of all purchases as we prepared to build our farmhouse
 
Faizal Privée - Hindi Love Affair

This feels like pure magic in a bottle. Bright mango and zesty ginger open the composition with a refined, lively spice. Indian rose and Assam oud weave together beautifully at the heart, while pink peppercorns add a vibrant edge. Anchored by a smooth base of ambergris and styrax, everything is held together with elegant balance, perfect for relaxed moments at home or an evening out.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Perfume of the Day
    IMG_1469_11zon (1).webp
    72.5 KB · Views: 52
IMG_8061.jpeg

A real accomplishment from Ensar, Tibetan Musk PP is so well blended it could’ve been a long forgotten Guerlain masculine or something similar. It’s a fascinating insight in how natural musk was utilised in classical French perfumery.
To my nose Tibetan Musk is built upon two main structures, the first being an aromatic fougere-like top dominated by a beautiful lavender note, cool & warm spices & the lime-citrus facet of Frankincense. It’s green, herbal, breezy, traditionally French.

The second main structure is the oriental base, rich & dense, yet not heavy or muddy, it continues to retain the refined finesse of the top. Labdanum, sandalwood, cedar, a subtle tonka-vanilla. Ambery, dry woody incense, the texture of oakmoss, creamy, resinous - but not overwhelmingly so.
The star of the show is the musk, its influence on the composition is evident from the initial application. Over the duration of the wear, its presence grows stronger finally reaching a point in the dry down when you look up & find yourself enveloped by a beautiful aged, chocolatey, fuzzy, leathery musk. Animalic, yes but not pissy or sour. Refined, sensual.

Before Ensar actually had aquired this musk from the SQ vault, he intended to make a demanding raunchy animalic perfume. However, upon receiving the pods, he discovered they weren’t ammonial, phenolic, pissy as expected. Instead, Sultan Qaboos’s pods were so old, the musk grains were a chocolatey fruity sweet paste, the pods & hairs were falling apart just by handling them. Ensar switched his vision from an austere animalic black musk perfume to something more soft & vintage, selecting materials to complement the musk’s softness. One of my favourite artisanal spray perfumes. Very refined, but a comfortable wearing experience,
 
Thulaim Oud -Henry Jacques SQ Collectibles

This is a perfume oil and not a spray. Its hard to put my finger on exactly what the scents are but they are beautiful. I'm getting heavy florals, bitter orange and a powdery hint all nestled within a fragrant woodiness. I'm also getting notes of rose, oud, amber, saffron, and jasmine. This has strong projection and longevity of a few hours. It just radiates warmth. It even stays on when swimming. Absolutely outstanding!
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Perfume of the Day
    IMG_1470.webp
    95.2 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Another revamped EO home blend.

Kambodi Blanco with some TRNP Earthlight attar, some extra sandalwood, Kymya's Huang Shang '23and Jinkoh Store's Royal Jayapura.

It's become a dimensional swirl of cooling tropical green, building off the high-pitch sencha + frangipani, but absence any sweetness you might expect from a tropical scent. A full-day refresher, perfect for the intense heat.
 
JS Sunset in Assam - I was extremely hyped for this but it turned out very different from what I expected. I think it is the sweetness that is just too much for me. I also found a very similar sweetness amped up in Sunset in Salalah, which I also really struggled with. I can appreciate the chocolate vibe without the typical patchouli (shoutout to TRNP Mokaya Chocolatl) , but it just lacked oomph for me. I was surprised people referred to it as animalic at all, or maybe it is animalic in a way that is not apparent to me. I ended up adding a healthy dose of EO Oud Dhul Q to my sample to darken it up a bit, let's see how that goes.
 
EO - Tigerlust: Kanbojia - As I mentioned in another post - thanks to Sulaym unlocking the joys of animalics for my nose, I went back to revisit a sample of this I had knocking around. Sure enough - originally stashed away in the "horrible" pile - this is now well and truly "awesome". Fruity, slightly sweet, woody, creamy musk - can't quite believe how much my perception has changed. Must find more...
 
View attachment 52626
A real accomplishment from Ensar, Tibetan Musk PP is so well blended it could’ve been a long forgotten Guerlain masculine or something similar. It’s a fascinating insight in how natural musk was utilised in classical French perfumery.
To my nose Tibetan Musk is built upon two main structures, the first being an aromatic fougere-like top dominated by a beautiful lavender note, cool & warm spices & the lime-citrus facet of Frankincense. It’s green, herbal, breezy, traditionally French.

The second main structure is the oriental base, rich & dense, yet not heavy or muddy, it continues to retain the refined finesse of the top. Labdanum, sandalwood, cedar, a subtle tonka-vanilla. Ambery, dry woody incense, the texture of oakmoss, creamy, resinous - but not overwhelmingly so.
The star of the show is the musk, its influence on the composition is evident from the initial application. Over the duration of the wear, its presence grows stronger finally reaching a point in the dry down when you look up & find yourself enveloped by a beautiful aged, chocolatey, fuzzy, leathery musk. Animalic, yes but not pissy or sour. Refined, sensual.

Before Ensar actually had aquired this musk from the SQ vault, he intended to make a demanding raunchy animalic perfume. However, upon receiving the pods, he discovered they weren’t ammonial, phenolic, pissy as expected. Instead, Sultan Qaboos’s pods were so old, the musk grains were a chocolatey fruity sweet paste, the pods & hairs were falling apart just by handling them. Ensar switched his vision from an austere animalic black musk perfume to something more soft & vintage, selecting materials to complement the musk’s softness. One of my favourite artisanal spray perfumes. Very refined, but a comfortable wearing experience,
That was a great description. I must revisit this. Do you know how it compares to the original Tonkin Musk PP?
 
scent_talks - Magnifico

This is a beautifully balanced parfum where crisp apple, bright bergamot, and lemon 🍋 that’s like sorbet create a fresh opening. The heart blooms with geranium and rose, gently warmed by a bit of cinnamon, before moving on to a grounded base of brown vetiver, patchouli, musk, amber, and oud. It’s deep but light, smooth, and irresistibly refined.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Perfume of the Day
    IMG_2304.webp
    29.1 KB · Views: 51
That was a great description. I must revisit this. Do you know how it compares to the original Tonkin Musk PP?
Thank you, I felt the writing was a little sloppy, it’s a hard scent to describe, I hoped it helped.
Unfortunately I’ve haven’t sampled Tonkin Musk. The only other EO perfume I’ve smelled are E02 & Tigerlust.
 
@mobyus , Naxos seems to be their best seller. It make a lot of top-ten lists that I found for xerjoffs’. I can’t seem to find it on discounters. I guess it’s gobbled up by others before I get a chance to buy it at a responsible price.
naxos is there in kaneen with 30% discount . ilm and zafar are the best in oud from xerjof/kemi
 
  • Like
Reactions: Joe
scent_talks - Force Majeure

This is an amazing parfum whose name only pops up in legal documents. Not today.

It opens with fresh bergamot, lemon, and pear, lifted by a juicy hint of pineapple. The heart feels aromatic and serene, where neroli, clove, orange blossom, and cardamom comingle. As it settles, oud, vetiver, oakmoss, and frankincense create a smooth base that lingers with quiet depth and sophistication.

The stand out scents are the fruits, florals, clove, and frankincense. Basically everything! This is one of the top parfums I’ve ever tried. It’s suitable to wear out without hindrance. Projection and sillage are moderate given the power of the mentioned ingredients. I feel like I’m walking along an airplane aisle looking for my seat. It’s been formulated with the outmost care.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Perfume of the Day
    IMG_1473.webp
    37 KB · Views: 38
scent_talks - Magnifico

This is a beautifully balanced parfum where crisp apple, bright bergamot, and lemon 🍋 that’s like sorbet create a fresh opening. The heart blooms with geranium and rose, gently warmed by a bit of cinnamon, before moving on to a grounded base of brown vetiver, patchouli, musk, amber, and oud. It’s deep but light, smooth, and irresistibly refined.

naxos is there in kaneen with 30% discount . ilm and zafar are the best in oud from xerjof/kemi
I just got Zafar; it’s rather close-to-skin for an oud, but the oud is definiately there. I just don‘t know why it’s so soft.
 
The Path - Teone Reinthal

Fir Needle, Black Spruce, Elemi, Texas Cedarwood, Styrax absolute, Labdanum, Mysore Sandalwood, Haitian Vetiver, Vietnamese Oud

In honor of the eight inches of snow and ice we got this weekend: The Path is dark, smokey, resinous and loaded with gorgeous oud. It's my most oud-heavy perfume and I love it. With my sinus problems right now, the oud and the evergreens seem to dominate 😍
 
Back
Top