ASQ - Smoked Agarwood Parfum

It opens with a maple syrup type of smoky scent. The smokiness remains throughout the wear and reveals notes of sweet amber. I added the smoked agarwood oil to the perfumers alcohol at just the right ratio. It has a complex aged undertone that has woodiness and smokiness at its base. Very beautiful Parfum and Oud.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Perfume of the Day
    ASQ smoked.webp
    138.3 KB · Views: 120
EO - No1 Assam

This perfume is not to be messed around with. It’s like animalics and poison ivy. I’m getting top notes of pepper, spices, and nutmeg. The potency of the Assam Oud and tobacco notes cover up the presence of rose, jasmine and frankincense. Just as that feels like the case, the rose 🌹 starts to make its appearance. A complex fusion of different notes that make No1 Assam a force to be reckoned with.

This Parfum feels like it needs to an oud accompaniment. But I have yet to determine which. It’s good as a stand alone but feel like I need to round out the edges.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Perfume of the Day
    No1 Assam.webp
    78 KB · Views: 105
Fragrance du Bois - Sahraa. A beautiful take on the rose/oud combo. They have an intense rose/oud fragrance that's too synthetic-smelling to me; by Sahraa, though, its expense is undoubtedly a matter of marketing. It has a gorgeous rose note and a present oud note that complement each other rather than contrast. It's soft, slightly powdery, and woody. It opens with a fantastic bitter (I like bitter notes), white grapefruit that fades as soon as you put the bottle back in its case. The middle is the typical rose-and-jasmine with a touch of aged patchouli that lingers until your nose goes into olfactory fatigue. Then the base notes subtly emerge, a masterful blend of black pepper, oud, saffron, vanilla (dry, not sweet), and an amber-like quality. It fades after about three hours, so I can't say it's worth the retail price, but I found mine at a discount retailer, and I enjoy it so much that I bought a backup. 😇😃
 
Fragrance du Bois - Sahraa. A beautiful take on the rose/oud combo. They have an intense rose/oud fragrance that's too synthetic-smelling to me; by Sahraa, though, its expense is undoubtedly a matter of marketing. It has a gorgeous rose note and a present oud note that complement each other rather than contrast. It's soft, slightly powdery, and woody. It opens with a fantastic bitter (I like bitter notes), white grapefruit that fades as soon as you put the bottle back in its case. The middle is the typical rose-and-jasmine with a touch of aged patchouli that lingers until your nose goes into olfactory fatigue. Then the base notes subtly emerge, a masterful blend of black pepper, oud, saffron, vanilla (dry, not sweet), and an amber-like quality. It fades after about three hours, so I can't say it's worth the retail price, but I found mine at a discount retailer, and I enjoy it so much that I bought a backup. 😇😃
sounds lovely.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Joe
It is, but it doesn’t have a strength to it that i like in my rose/ouds. But I have to also admit it’s a near perfect blend of rose and oud, so who am I to judge!
that reminds me of the concept of impermanence in buddhism. everything does not always last forever. unless it is a barnyard of an oud combined with civet paste or followed by kerosene.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Joe
SOTD Celeste Coffee by Lana Hadi Parfum

On this crisp winter morning in the UK, with the air sharp and still, I’m sipping a rich Ethiopian espresso as I wear Celeste Coffee and the pairing feels effortlessly perfect.
The opening is bright and uplifting: apple and apricot sparkle briefly, softened by peach, while juicy plum, rose, and airy violet add a gentle fruityfloral elegance. It’s refined and smooth, never overly sweet.
As it settles, the heart becomes beautifully comforting. A creamy butter and hazelnut accord evokes a warm patisserie on a cold day, with vanilla, cacao, and toffee drifting through the air. A subtle coffee note hums quietly, echoing the espresso in my cup.
The drydown is rich and grounding. Java vetiver adds an earthy balance to the chocolatey depth of cacao, while the aged Arabica coffee feels dark and aromatic, reminiscent of Middle Eastern souks. Labdanum and orris create a soft ambery base, allowing the sweet, woody Laos oud to shine.
Celeste Coffee is comforting yet elegant, a refined gourmand that feels especially perfect on cold mornings, warm in spirit and beautifully composed.
 
Badr Harqan - Houd II

This is triple threat of a perfume composed of Houd II , Coffee layer, and Shadow layer.

Last years Houd is composed of Sidr honey, natural Oud, and the trace of burning of Samr trees 🌴. The oil is then injected into an oud tree which is left to age for one year before harvesting and cooking the tree to make Houd II.

It is absolutely amazing and is enhanced by adding the coffee and shadow layers.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Perfume of the Day
    Houd note.webp
    220.1 KB · Views: 69
  • [Ouddict.com] Perfume of the Day
    Houd.webp
    131.8 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Badr Harqan - Houd II

This is triple threat of a perfume composed of Houd II , Coffee layer, and Shadow layer.

Last years Houd is composed of Sidr honey, natural Oud, and the trace of burning of Samr trees 🌴. The oil is then injected into an oud tree which is left to age for one hear before harvesting and cooking the tree to make Houd II.

It is absolutely amazing and is enhanced by adding the coffee and shadow layers.
I’m not crazy about coffee at the moment but this sounds like true artistry.
 
What does it smell like? I have a bottle of the one it replaced, I forget its name as I don’t wear it really, but i liked it at the store quite a bit. I heard FK either had to drop it or reformulate it, and so he discontinued it, and replaced it with Grand Soir. Is Grand Soir an amber?
Yes, top note is amber. Opening is sharp and potent.

Dry down is powdery and aromatic. On skin I can still smell it after a good 20+ hours - melo sweet

I wish it doesn't have Vanilla, which makes its mid-notes vanilla heavy.
 
Back
Top