Kangiiten order got here earlier than expected. Initial impressions are good, lit a an inch of each stick and they all smell amazing. the Xuanhe Palace of Song is very very interesting. The rest I’m still taking in. The fushigi sticks got here a while ago. The Brunei and Ambon are nice. Hainan and Merauke are ok. Waiting on YiXin, Dr. & Wuang sticks

I’m new to the incense sticks and learning from everyone here on the go 🙂
 
Picture!
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] The Anticipation Thread - Share Your 'inbound's!
    image.webp
    197.8 KB · Views: 82
Looking at an email from Alhashimi and the last 48hrs of their sale. It's reminded me about the gram of Wild Trat Sultan that comes with a purchase. Does it mean that gram will come with every purchase, regardless of size?
I only spent like $150 after the discount on a bottle of Malay Misk and got the Trat Sultan.

I'm actually wearing it right now. I don't love it, but it fits that gulf style niche.
 
I only spent like $150 after the discount on a bottle of Malay Misk and got the Trat Sultan.

I'm actually wearing it right now. I don't love it, but it fits that gulf style niche.
Anything specifically about it, the thickness, texture when applied, way too sweet/too barny, strong/lacking in projection ? Or just an indescribable matter of taste, I get that too, but just thought I'd ask
 
Anything specifically about it, the thickness, texture when applied, way too sweet/too barny, strong/lacking in projection ? Or just an indescribable matter of taste, I get that too, but just thought I'd ask
I don't really know how to describe it. Probably just taste. I've never really been that impressed by anything not super aged or hindi marketed as gulf style. It's just not very interesting to me. There's just not enough funk here and it feels like there should be.
 
I only spent like $150 after the discount on a bottle of Malay Misk and got the Trat Sultan.

I'm actually wearing it right now. I don't love it, but it fits that gulf style niche.
Cool! Something extra to look forward to. Hopefully I'll enjoy it. This will be a first for trying a Gulf style Trat ( I think)? I'm sure I'll recognise it either way.
 
Cool! Something extra to look forward to. Hopefully I'll enjoy it. This will be a first for trying a Gulf style Trat ( I think)? I'm sure I'll recognise it either way.
You have Al Hind's Thai Zen don't you?

I'd be interested to hear how you think they compare.

The Sultan Trat shares some similarities with Al Hinds Koh Zen in the opening. Mostly the parts I don't like 😅, but then goes Thai fruit instead of Cambodian resin.
 
You have Al Hind's Thai Zen don't you?

I'd be interested to hear how you think they compare.

The Sultan Trat shares some similarities with Al Hinds Koh Zen in the opening. Mostly the parts I don't like 😅, but then goes Thai fruit instead of Cambodian resin.
I have both of those actually and enjoy the Thai Zen very much. Was my go to for a bit but I'm running low on it so haven't touched it in a while.
 
[Ouddict.com] The Anticipation Thread - Share Your 'inbound's!

Recent order I placed. Kinam Elixir sounds right up my alley, but I've been burned by blind buys enough that I've (mostly) learned my lesson about purchasing full-sized bottles. If you're reading this @Faizal_p I meant to buy some incense, but forgot before hitting the button - if you could please include a few labeled sample sticks, I'd very much appreciate it, and I'm certain I'll be making additional purchases in the future. 🙂
 
I have both of those actually and enjoy the Thai Zen very much. Was my go to for a bit but I'm running low on it so haven't touched it in a while.
I was just getting back into my oud stash and not really buying again when he released Thai Zen. I almost bought a gram, but it sold out before I went for it.

I have the Koh Zen, and I've worn it quite a bit and I'm not sure how I feel about it. The opening always has an iodine-like aroma, which most gulf style do to me, and sometimes once that passes it hits really good or just meh. It's a strange one.
 
I was just getting back into my oud stash and not really buying again when he released Thai Zen. I almost bought a gram, but it sold out before I went for it.

I have the Koh Zen, and I've worn it quite a bit and I'm not sure how I feel about it. The opening always has an iodine-like aroma, which most gulf style do to me, and sometimes once that passes it hits really good or just meh. It's a strange one.
I'm totally on the same page with you there. I also have Pursat Zen. It's same, same but different against Koh Zen. Sometimes I love them, other times not so much. Thai Zen is a fruity beast though and my favourite out of the three. It doesn't have the iodine note.
 
Kangiiten order got here earlier than expected. Initial impressions are good, lit a an inch of each stick and they all smell amazing. the Xuanhe Palace of Song is very very interesting. The rest I’m still taking in. The fushigi sticks got here a while ago. The Brunei and Ambon are nice. Hainan and Merauke are ok. Waiting on YiXin, Dr. & Wuang sticks

I’m new to the incense sticks and learning from everyone here on the go 🙂
Japanese incense is a hobby of mine. I get great service from japaincense. If I order something over the weekend I’ll get the incense by wed or Thursday. All across the country.
 
I had good experience with Kangiiten. Where are they based? I think I got my order in less than two weeks. Haven’t tried the powers I bought but the woods, well, they’re pretty high quality.
 
Top